2010 Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wescott wrote:
    Variety is the spice of life, I suppose.

Is it real bad for a young lady when the age stats of her (hum) suitors is featuring quantum leaps of several decades – regularly? (It probably reveals that my mental stability is just about a bit lower than the stability level of – say, Aaron Kozminsky)?

Natalie,
    the French say "Femme qui rit, femme à moitié dans ton lit."

And I won't say another word. Blame it all on C.D., although I think it was Wescott who started commenting on Trevor and “cougars“.
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

• LOL. That's a good one.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Maria,
        I think the film was called "everybody else calls me Ali"---Tim Roth is amazing---Tarantino"s Reservoir Dogs -he was one of them--- and"Don"t Lie to Me"-I like that too.

You are boasting now c.d get off with you!.......

No Tom, but that made me laugh even more---what a thought...!

Comment

• I think it's the age we live in with people being more health conscious and taking better care of themselves. You constantly see articles like 60 is the new 50 or 40 is now the new 30. My cousin is trying to convince a judge that 16 is the new 20.

Ok. I'll quit now.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariab View Post
            Wescott wrote:
            Variety is the spice of life, I suppose.

Natalie,
            the French say "Femme qui rit, femme à moitié dans ton lit."
            Except the internet is just ether Maria......like laughing gas and air!

Comment

• C.D. wrote:
              My cousin is trying to convince a judge that 16 is the new 20.

That's what Lewis Carrol tried too. By the by, in Europe the legal age for consent is 15 and for drinking 18. Not like with the Puritans who went over with the Mayflower.

Natalie Severn wrote:
              Except the internet is just ether Maria......like laughing gas and air!

Even the internet has consequences.
              And I hope you didn't mean that “passing gas“ remains undetected in the internet. (OK, that was totally gross now.)
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

• This has got me in a really silly mood Maria so before I say anything else that I may regret I"m off!
                Night,
                Norma

Comment

• I'm in a very silly and lazy mood myself, Natalie. In fact, I was so lazy today (after arriving in Berlin last night) that I'm still in bed, with a bag of potato chips. Around 23.00ish some friends are coming for a cozy evening of watching DVDs and we'll make some pasta. I have some tomatos and basil 1 month old in the fridge, but they look OK! But I just remembered that when I cooked that for my mum when she was visiting in April, she got violently ill afterwards. (But that was because I made her overexert herself before, as I took her to the hills to see me snowboard and stuff.) Otherwise, what was the name of that lady, de Brinvilliers?
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

• On a more serious note -- Lewis Carroll never got in trouble did he?

c.d.

Comment

• One of Cher's friends is reported to have said of one of her boyfriends, "She's got suspender belts older than this guy."

Comment

• No, C.D., Lewis Caroll never got in LEGAL trouble. But probably in other kinds of trouble. By the way, has anyone read that book about him with the anagrams? That's even better that your jokes, C.D.
                        My friends are here, and I'm still posting. You guys are interfering with my social life! Is there already a 12 step program for newbies addicted to casebook?
                        (And by the by, that 1 month bunch of basil in my fridge doesn't look too good. But maybe if we wash it thoroughly ...)
                        Best regards,
                        Maria

Comment

• Oh dear Maria,i think your friends need to be warned about your cooking.Reminds me of an episode of a comedy called 'fawlty towers' where the chef dropped the veal on the kitchen floor then picked it up saying 'never mind ,what the eye doesn't see the chef gets away with.
                          On topic though i'm sorry i got back into this too late to think about going to the conference and i'm a bit jealous looking at the fun time you all appear to have had,oh fun remember that....
                          I remember i really enjoyed the Ipswich and Norwich conferences in '96 and '98 but through divorce and house moves etc i may not have received a millenium invitation(if there was one?).One thing that did strike he on the first evening in Ipswich was the strange sensation that 'i knew these people' even though i couldn't possibly and this was before conversing with everyone-really strange,re-incarnation ???
                          All the best
                          You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Dear Packer's Stem,
                            (and you've really chosen one of the the coolest monikers on casebook),
                            I'm so sorry you missed the conference(s), but there'll be certainly many others, especially if you reside in the UK.
                            My friends are tried and proved on my cooking, not many worries here. It's the newbies I'd be most worried about.
                            I bet that the one you described with the chef dropping the veal on the kitchen floor, then picking it up saying "never mind, what the eye doesn't see, the chef gets away with" happens pretty regularly in kitchens. I still recall a Xmas Eve at my BFF's in Berlin a decade ago, when we were taking the bird out of the oven and we managed to drop it on the carpet, which wasn't clean. We ended up rinsing the bird and putting new condiments on it. But at least MY carpet is clean, if not right now, at least on Xmas Eve.
                            By the by, we're still debating about using that old basil, and maybe later I might introduce my friends to casebook.

Packer's Stem wrote:
                            One thing that did strike he on the first evening in Ipswich was the strange sensation that 'i knew these people' even though i couldn't possibly and this was before conversing with everyone-really strange,re-incarnation???

What's started to worry me is, nowdays I'm communicating more with Ripperologists than with my colleagues and friends. Is this real bad?
                            Last edited by mariab; 10-02-2010, 01:29 AM.
                            Best regards,
                            Maria

Comment

• Hello Maria,

As we saw last weekend, I think Ripperologists are a pretty decent bunch of people to communicate with, imho!

best wishes

Phil
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                              Accountability? ....

Comment

• Hi Maria,i'm glad you like the moniker
                                Think i misread your earlier post,i thought the tomatoes were a month old not just the basil.
                                You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Working...
                                X