Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS MEETING APRIL 4th - Cheers!

Hi All.
    Thanks to all who came to the meeting in London's East End yesterday.

WS Chairman Bill Beadle's presentation on William Bury was fascinating and it was great to see plenty of new faces!

Thanks for your continued support.

Frogg

And a big thanks to the comedy turn near the end - the Senior Mason, major London gangster railway murderer.

Comedy gold every time, eh?

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Have a care, Philip.

The poor man informed me that he suspects he is suffering from radiation poisoning from his days with the MOD, as he is bleeding from all sorts of orifices I don't even want to imagine. But the doctors - quite unaccountably - can't work out what's the matter with him.

If I had been thinking more clearly at the time, I might have suggested they were looking at the wrong end. But it didn't help to have Mr Ripper standing behind him at the bar with a wicked grin on his face, making me stifle giggles when I should have been stifling sympathetic sobs.

Coincidentally, it was exactly ten years ago, at my first ever meeting, in April 1999, when that other famous fantasi... sorry, "interesting character", Mike Barrett, said he could make ink impossible to date by simply adding sugar to it.

Love,

Caz
      X
      Last edited by caz; 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM.
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Caz -

Hardly my fault. He tried to tell me about his orifices and the various fluids emerging from them, but I ran away. As I told you, I thought you were doing a marvellous job of affecting interest in his peculiar ailments and their top-secret aetiology.

Mark

Comment

"Hardly my fault."

Hmmm - spoken like a true ripper.

Love,

Yours Truly
          XXX

Comment

Hallo All
            yes it was good to see everyone at the exchange saturday for the april meeting and an excellent talk by Bill on the subject of William Bury.
            As for the glow in the dark cabaret turn i thought he looked like he just returned from Aintree after the Grand National
            6-4 the field!
            carpets!

Alan

Comment

Hi Alan,

He told me he liked my hair and that I'd had a nice "perm".

I just thought he was being particularly daft since my hair is as straight as ever and the last perm I had was thirty years ago. But now I think of it, his stories are enough to make your hair curl.

Or he may have still had the Grand National on his mind and "perming" his selections.

Love,

Caz
              X

Comment

Well I'm going to ask him to do a turn at the Xmas Bash!

As for the Grand National, I thought he was more into golf as he kept on telling me he had a hole in one.....

Cheers,
                F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by frogg moody View Post

Well I'm going to ask him to do a turn at the Xmas Bash!
                  Dear God no, Frogg! His Xmas party piece is standing at the bar with one finger up his nose, working on taking the lining out of his hat!

Love,

Caz
                  X

Comment

Au contraire, Caz.

from Monty Python's Flying CircusSeason 1 - Episode 09 The Ant, An IntroductionRecorded 07-12-69, Aired 14-12-69It starts with "A Man With A Tape Recorder Up...

PHILIP
                    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                      Au contraire, Caz.

from Monty Python's Flying CircusSeason 1 - Episode 09 The Ant, An IntroductionRecorded 07-12-69, Aired 14-12-69It starts with "A Man With A Tape Recorder Up...

PHILIP
                      Hi Philip,

Well I must say it's awfully good of you to vounteer to stick your finger up his hooter in December. I guess it's true what they say: it's not what you know but whose snot you know. It'll certainly ring the changes and it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good. Just talk to Jim Lad, our resident Phantom Raspberry Blower and wind expert. Stand between him and the Bogeyman and you'll be announcing "Don't fail to miss this truly nerve-shattering experience of the senses".

Love,

Caz
                      X

Comment

Anyone want to comment on Bill's talk?

I was too busy to take it all in although I have recorded it for a possible Podcast if I can get it sorted.

The book seemed to sell quite well on the night.

Frogg.

Comment

Working...
                        X