Ripper Conference 2009: London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deposits Now Being Taken

We're delighted to announce that deposits are now being taken for this year's Conference.

Spaces are limited, so we recommend paying early. Please visit the dedicated webpage to do so:

Best wishes
    Adam Wood and Andy Aliffe
    Organisers,
    Ripper Conference 2009

Comment

• Sold out!

Dear all,

Incredible as it may seem, all places for this year conference have now been booked, with all 65 delegate places sold out in 24 hours.

However, it's possible that people that have currently paid deposits will be unable to attend. If you would like to be on the standby list, with those first in line to be contacted should people drop out, please contact us via email at mail@ripperconference.com

Best wishes
      Adam
      Organiser
      Ripper Conference 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
        I found this snippet on The King's Stores website:

The Pub’s regal sounding name was adopted as a result of the site’s historical past.

The actual location was, during the reign of Henry VIII, a munitions storage depot for the English armies. This stretched to Spitalfields Market and beyond. On visiting this area you will notice that many of the street names and some businesses have titles that relate to this era in London’s historical and somewhat colourful past.

The area is also made famous (infamous) by “Jack The Ripper” misdeeds. It’s recorded that his final victim was last seen here in this establishment having a beverage before being mercilessly bludgeoned to death…

Sounds as though we have some educating to do.
        Hi GM,

I fear you have stumbled upon a little-known Nostradamus prophesy for 2009, whereby JtR will indirectly be held to account for 65 lucky devils being mercilessly tongue-lashed by 165 poor souls locked out of the King’s Stores.

Love,

Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• What the hey....? I go out of town for the weekend and, when I get back, all the places have been snapped up already? You guys move fast.

Comment

• I am sooooo excited about this. I have been wanting to attend one for God knows how long. So excited about meeting you all and chatting with people who don't think I am morbid because I am interested in the case.
            In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

• Is there a conference going on then?

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• I`m on the standby list (story of my life)

I have a plan however. Hopefully the conference room will be on ground level, as I am going to disguise myself as Miss Paumier and will be selling chestnuts in a rather loud and distressingly strange fashion, outside the window of the conference room until I am invited in.

Comment

• You're not THE John Guy are you?
                  In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

• Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                    You're not THE John Guy are you?
                    Sadly not, Kat, otherwise I might have got into the Conference as a speaker....

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamNeilWood View Post
                      Dear all,

Incredible as it may seem, all places for this year conference have now been booked, with all 65 delegate places sold out in 24 hours.

Best wishes
                      Adam
                      Organiser
                      Ripper Conference 2009
                      You. Suck.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Hi Ally

Ditto

Coral

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
                          You. Suck.
                          There's something up here...

Comment

• Ally, what would you have me do?

The announcements that deposits were being taken were made simultaneously on Casebook, JTRForums, Facebook and at the Whitechapel Society meeting.

I don't see how I could have made it any fairer for people to pay a deposit and book a place.

Adam

Comment

• Other than get a bigger place? Not much you can do.

That's all right. All us who have been shut out in the cold are just going to have our own conference. SO THERE!

Nah not really, but we are considering meeting up somewhere and getting hammered since we are shunned by the evil overlords. We will curse your name with vengeance. Possibly there will be an effigy or two burned.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                              I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• So it is hard luck, if over the weekend (like me) you did not have any access to the internet or you dont go to the WS meeting, that you dont have a chance to book a place. And what about all those people who in previous years have supported the Conferences but are not internet friendly?

It seems to me they are all being penalised in the same way as when Ripperologist went electronic

Coral

Comment

Working...
                                X