let's play a game of "what if"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's play a game of "what if"!

Alright, if you want to play along, let's imagine that there is a Jack The Ripper, and he did kill the canonical five, and those five only. Now, let's imagine further, and remove whatever reason why he stopped after MJK.

Who would be the sixth victim? (age, job, living condition)
    Where would he kill her? (neighborhood, inside or outside, hidden or plain sight)
    When would he kill her? (how soon after MJK?)
    Would he be more or less careful than before?

I just want to have a feel of how this forum perceive his frame of mind.

If you want to play, please, stick to the equation in this post, and keep your pet theory aside, thank you.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
    Alright, if you want to play along, let's imagine that there is a Jack The Ripper, and he did kill the canonical five, and those five only. Now, let's imagine further, and remove whatever reason why he stopped after MJK.

Who would be the sixth victim? (age, job, living condition)
    Where would he kill her? (neighborhood, inside or outside, hidden or plain sight)
    When would he kill her? (how soon after MJK?)
    Would he be more or less careful than before?

I just want to have a feel of how this forum perceive his frame of mind.

If you want to play, please, stick to the equation in this post, and keep your pet theory aside, thank you.
    Ok I'll play, even if I think it is a silly waste of time

Another fallen woman

Wherever he could

Within the month

About the same, it had worked so far.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

An actress, in the West End, backstage, within a few weeks, less careful.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Provided something did not prevent the killer's activities (suicide, illness, death by other reasons, arrest and imprisonment, stroke), he would have had to top the last horror at Miller's Court.

Either kill three prostitutes on one night (beating the Stride/Eddowes event), or he had to commit a more horrendous murder in a locked or shut room - possibly not removing organs but skinning the victim alive. Also he might have started looking in up-grading the victims. It was suggested some West End Actress, but it could have been (as G. B. Shaw suggested in his notorious letter) an aristocratic woman, like Daisy, Countess of Warwick or Lady Randolph Churchill, who was known to have affairs.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
          Provided something did not prevent the killer's activities (suicide, illness, death by other reasons, arrest and imprisonment, stroke), he would have had to top the last horror at Miller's Court.

Either kill three prostitutes on one night (beating the Stride/Eddowes event), or he had to commit a more horrendous murder in a locked or shut room - possibly not removing organs but skinning the victim alive. Also he might have started looking in up-grading the victims. It was suggested some West End Actress, but it could have been (as G. B. Shaw suggested in his notorious letter) an aristocratic woman, like Daisy, Countess of Warwick or Lady Randolph Churchill, who was known to have affairs.

Jeff
          that's the thing. I see some progression in the mutilations (Stride being an interruptus). I wonder what he could have done to top November 9th.
          Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
          - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Jeff

How about a double MJK?
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi

victim: Same type as before, low class. sure who victim is not important, its what is available.

Location: General same area of East End, exact location depends on girl, would prefer indoors, but number with own room is considerably less than those without.

When: gap has been getting longer(count double event as 1, assume was disturbed had to mutilate to fulfil need. therefore gap could be longer than last. could be at New Year or later in Jan.

Don't think he was careful, been very lucky.
              longer gap may delude victims into thinking he has stopped, may be off guard.

Finally Sir John, what could he do to top last murder if outside less time so same as Eddowes plus full skinning of face and removal of some flesh from arms and legs as in Kelly case, obviously not as much and maybe only numerous deep cuts in those areas.

however if indoors may attempt to de-flesh the body as much as possible, removing all trace of humanity.

regards

Elamarna

Comment

that's the thing. I see some progression in the mutilations (Stride being an interruptus). I wonder what he could have done to top November 9th.
                It's entirely possible he wouldn't have felt the need to top what he did that night. Many serial killers are in pursuit of getting things the same, not escalating. That he did escalate this once may have simply been nothing more than, say, the product of boredom. Maybe he didn't think he could leave without getting caught, and that was what he did to kill time until he could slip away. Which is horrible, but not compulsive.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Mother and child? Or a pregnant woman?
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                    Mother and child? Or a pregnant woman?
                    That work.

Or do her indoors, like MJK, and dump her in the middle of the street where everyone can see her.
                    G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      How about a double Mac?
                      Fixed!
                      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                        Fixed!
                        Nah I prefer a real one.
                        G U T

Comment

I think Jack would have gone for another double event but made sure they weren't interrupted on either occasion this time. (An abandoned house or derelict building somewhere?) Having collected uterus, kidney and presumably heart, I do think he would have tried decapitation and perhaps sent one of the heads to Lusk or someone similar and kept the other as a souvenir.

Comment

Interestingly there is one possibility nobody has suggested here - including me in the earlier response.

Jack could have decided to go after men...not necessarily male prostitutes (paging Cleveland Street), but the "Johns", especially if they were drunk.

We keep talking of the shock and horror of the crimes on the British public and the world, but can you imagine the real terror had Jack decided to show he did not let the sex of the victim dictate his actions. There is nothing in the case to suggest this, but there was always the possibility that he might have switched over.

I bet the police would have caught him then - after one or two killings with mutilations. There would have been even greater pressure to do so if men had become the victims.

Jeff

Comment

Interestingly there is one possibility nobody has suggested here - including me in the earlier response.

Jack could have decided to go after men...not necessarily male prostitutes (paging Cleveland Street), but the "Johns", especially if they were drunk.

We keep talking of the shock and horror of the crimes on the British public and the world, but can you imagine the real terror had Jack decided to show he did not let the sex of the victim dictate his actions. There is nothing in the case to suggest this, but there was always the possibility that he might have switched over.

I bet the police would have caught him then - after one or two killings with mutilations. There would have been even greater pressure to do so if men had become the victims.

Jeff

Going after men is a distinct possibility, would it have made it more likely they'd catch him, I'm not so sure.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X