No announcement yet.

Different Killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The torso connection is under explored. I got some books on the matter to look at this. I think the best option would be to try and falsify it. To look at the arguments and weigh it up.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
      The torso connection is under explored. I got some books on the matter to look at this. I think the best option would be to try and falsify it. To look at the arguments and weigh it up.
      Batman...there are a couple strong points for the torso murders being the work of the ripper. first and strongest point being the removal of the uterus from Jackson & whitehall.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
        Batman...there are a couple strong points for the torso murders being the work of the ripper. first and strongest point being the removal of the uterus from Jackson & whitehall.
        Yes, this is looking good. We have a historical record for it and that forensic connection.
        Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
          Yes, this is looking good. We have a historical record for it and that forensic connection.
          The other connections I know of are that the whitehall vault had stolen tools some time before the murder just like 29 hanbury basement where richardson kept his tools. The next is that the whitehall torso was had newspaper clippings on top of the torso. One from the previous year another from Aug 24 1888. The day after the The inquest verdict for the "first" ripper victim Tabram and the day the inquest verdict was printed in the news. The next possible connection is the claim that lipski was written across from the railway arch where the pinchin torso was found. Potenitally same railway arches that pipeman chased Schwartz to after BSman shouted lipski. all coincidences?

Comment

• I think the Torso Killer was a horse of a different colour. This was clearly someone with access to private property in which to hack up (and possibly torture) his victims, as well as possessing the means to transport the pieces. I think the Torso Killer is a better fit for the upper-class gent seducing unsuspecting women into this lair than it is for the Ripper. I can't see why this same character would then start knifing women in the backstreets of Whitechapel, stealing an uterus here, a kidney there, putting himself at eminently more risk for less profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
              I think the Torso Killer was a horse of a different colour. This was clearly someone with access to private property in which to hack up (and possibly torture) his victims, as well as possessing the means to transport the pieces. I think the Torso Killer is a better fit for the upper-class gent seducing unsuspecting women into this lair than it is for the Ripper. I can't see why this same character would then start knifing women in the backstreets of Whitechapel, stealing an uterus here, a kidney there, putting himself at eminently more risk for less profit.
              Harry, do u see an upper class gent knowing how to break into the vault at whitehall carrying a maggot ridden torso?

Comment

Harry, do u see an upper class gent knowing how to break into the vault at whitehall carrying a maggot ridden torso?
                Is there any reason why he wouldn't?

Comment

I think the Torso Killer was a horse of a different colour. This was clearly someone with access to private property in which to hack up (and possibly torture) his victims, as well as possessing the means to transport the pieces. I think the Torso Killer is a better fit for the upper-class gent seducing unsuspecting women into this lair than it is for the Ripper. I can't see why this same character would then start knifing women in the backstreets of Whitechapel, stealing an uterus here, a kidney there, putting himself at eminently more risk for less profit.
                  Hi Harry,

Considering the Thames connection- body parts were found in the Thames and the Scotland Yard building may have been accessed via the river-do you think that the Torso Murderer could have dismembered his victim on a boat which, of course, could also have aided with transport.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                    Hi Harry,

Considering the Thames connection- body parts were found in the Thames and the Scotland Yard building may have been accessed via the river-do you think that the Torso Murderer could have dismembered his victim on a boat which, of course, could also have aided with transport.
                    Liz Jackson was sleeping on the thames embankment before she turned up. The boat theory is not a far stretch

Comment

Is there any reason why he wouldn't?
                      Well he was certainly willing to get his hands dirty

Comment

All of the torsos showed signs of abdominal mutilations.
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          All of the torsos showed signs of abdominal mutilations.
                          Another reason that torso was jack is the most logical conclusion. Now why would the newspaper with whitehall torso have animal blood? And if torso dismembered on a boat how did he get his victim to it?

Comment

Hi Harry
                            Ive often said that perhaps if they are the same man then the torsos are when he could bring them somewhere private and the dismemberment was for ease in removing the bodies and The ripper murders were when he couldn't and had to kill and mutilate in the street. All of the torsos show similar abdominal, sexual organ mutilations to the ripper victims.

I also doubt that either was done for any kind of Burke and Hare, profit reason.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• I think the workers at whitehall need to be looked at more closely. The story of the men with barrow allegedly ends with one of the workers being questioned and admitting he was there at the time of the sighting. The workers also came under some suspicion at the inquest allegedly because the foreman believed it was someone familiar with the layout and two workers also kept there tools near the spot where it was found. I think one of the workers is a strong possibility considering the buried limbs. One worker named a Richard Lawrence who left his tools in the spot where the torso was found lives in battersea.

Comment

Well he was certainly willing to get his hands dirty
                                Serial killers come from all walks of life. Just because you have someone from a well-to-do background doesn't automatically mean he's too prim and proper to commit these deeds. People are okay with the idea of the Ripper being an upper-class gent slumming it in Whitechapel, why wouldn't the Torso Killer be one?

Comment

Working...
                                X