• fair

Hello Errata. Thanks.

And thanks for the fair treatment.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• free

Hello John. Thanks.

My essay can be downloaded free from Rip. It is #125.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• rings

Hello Abby. Jacob, in one incarceration, said he had a coach and four. When asked where he got them replied, "Paid L100." Then he claimed they were given him.

Both delusional AND going from one delusion to another.

And, as you may recall, he collected worthless trinkets--worth much money (in his mind). What happened to Annie's rings? And does a sane man steal worthless brass rings AND go through her pocket whilst laying the items out neatly, one by one?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          Well I wouldn't go quite that far.

Cheers John
          I would. I think he's fleecing you all.

Comment

• Hi LC,
            I had similar trouble accessing the Jacob levy pdf from the rpperologist site. Any chance of a link to your issue? I would be very interested in a read.
            Yours in maturity,
            Spotty

Comment

• I would appreciate a link to Ripperologist 125, which is obviously relevant to this discussion. I did manage to download 124 sometime ago but no idea how! Been on to the website, which seems inactive, and spent about the last hour trying other options ! I'm probably missing something obvious, but starting to despair!

Comment

• Adam Wood

Hello Spotty, John. Thanks. Sorry if there is trouble at the site.

Perhaps you could PM Adam Wood? He can repair the problem.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Where do his hospital records say he walked strangely like Mrs. Fiddymont's character? Seems they suggest his gate is normal not strange.
                  Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    Hello Spotty, John. Thanks. Sorry if there is trouble at the site.

Perhaps you could PM Adam Wood? He can repair the problem.

Cheers.
                    LC
                    Thanks Lynn, I've just sent Adam a message. There is a message saying new site under construction, so maybe that's the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      Hello Abby. Jacob, in one incarceration, said he had a coach and four. When asked where he got them replied, "Paid L100." Then he claimed they were given him.

Both delusional AND going from one delusion to another.

And, as you may recall, he collected worthless trinkets--worth much money (in his mind). What happened to Annie's rings? And does a sane man steal worthless brass rings AND go through her pocket whilst laying the items out neatly, one by one?

Cheers.
                      LC
                      thanks Lynn

Read your article again. To be honest I find it hard to swallow, for many reasons. one of the main being I think the evidence points to the same killer of Martha through the C5 and possibly Mckenzie.

I also think that if Issenschmidt was the man seen by Fiddymont and company they would have all pretty much Ided him-they all got a very good look at him.

I also disagree with your interpretation of how the conversation with Annie went down and doubt she would have found him normal enough to go anywhere with him.

Its an original theory though-Ill give it that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                        I think Lynn's theory is crackpot. Don't let him pull the wool over your eyes.
                        Hi Harry
                        I find it hard it to believe-but its not crackpot-at least not like the royal conspiracy, Van Gogh, Maybrick etc.

At least Issenschmidt was considered a suspect at the time and has strong ties to the case.

I think Lynn is sincere in his ideas and has published and done a lot of research. Don't think hes trolling or trying to pull a fast one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post

[Coroner] What is your idea as to the position the body was in when the crime was committed? - I have come to a conclusion as to the position of both the murderer and the victim, and I opine that the latter was seized by the shoulders and placed on the ground, and that the murderer was on her right side when he inflicted the cut. I am of opinion that the cut was made from the left to the right side of the deceased, and taking into account the position of the incision it is unlikely that such a long knife inflicted the wound in the neck.

There you have it. There is no reason to change his view to one of mystery when it never has been and never will be.
                          Hi Batman,

I don’t claim that the marks on her shoulder were made some time before Stride was attacked by Mr. BS, but I would say that Dr. Phillips’ opinion that she was seized by the shoulders and placed on the ground doesn’t seem a very credible one. How would that work when we know for a fact that Stride had only lain on her left side? How would she end up on her left side if her attacker used more force on her right shoulder?

All the best,
                          Frank
                          "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                            It is said that their thoughts are too jumbled and confused to commit such crimes.
                            Hi John,

I suggest you take a look at Robert Clive Napper and his crimes, too. He was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic and is in Broadmoor since he was caught for his second murder (in Ripper-style).

All the best,
                            Frank
                            "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                            Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Hi Errata,

Regarding your last post, 625, if I understand you correctly I don't think I would disagree with anything you say. In fact, I think I've presented similar arguments myself in the past, albeit not nearly so eloquently.

A good example would be Richard Chase, whose MO was to enter the homes of his victims and then violently attack them. However, he seemed to choose the houses he chose to enter on a random basis but would not enter a property that was locked as he took that as a sign that he wasn't welcome, but an unlocked property he took as an invitation to enter.

Now clearly such perverse logic makes no sense to a rational person, but it clearly made perfect sense to him.

I therefore wouldn't exclude the possibility that Jacob could be suffering from any type of delusion. That isn't the problem as I see it. The problem is that there seems to be no evidence that he ever had delusions that involved mutilating people, although of course that doesn't exclude the entirely theoretical possibility that he did. This is even more problematical when you consider that he was clearly quite happy to reveal details of numerous other delusions, including those that were violent in character.

And, of course, that is before we consider other difficulties: the somewhat tenuous evidence linking him to the crime scene; how someone in the grips of such a delusion could mutilate Annie with the apparent skills of a qualified surgeon, especially considering the poor lighting conditions and time frame (although I accept this creates a much wider problem for suspects generally); how such a disorganized killer could have escaped undetected, given he may well have been covered in blood and gore; and, taking into consideration the Eddowes and Kelly murders, the likelihood of one, or possibly two, other killers harbouring similar rare fantasies, operating in the same small geographical area and, seemingly independently, deciding to commit murders within the same short time period, i.e. 1888.

Best wishes,

John
                              Last edited by John G; 03-13-2015, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post
                                Hi John,

I suggest you take a look at Robert Clive Napper and his crimes, too. He was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic and is in Broadmoor since he was caught for his second murder (in Ripper-style).

All the best,
                                Frank
                                Hi Frank,

I suppose the question would be whether he was suffering from schizophrenia at the time he was active. However, for me this is somewhat incidental, as I personally believe that schizophrenia may well be a socially constructed condition; I take the same view of most mental illnesses. I would note that many psychiatrists are now accepting this possibility.

That's not to say that it isn't serious, merely that there is no proof that it exists as a physical condition with an organic cause. In other words, despite it's seriousness, it may be entirely, but not necessarily, mental in character.

This mean, of course, that two people can be diagnosed with schizophrenia and yet have very different symptoms and causes of those symptoms unlike, say, a physical condition such as Alzheimer's. I note that there is now so much confusion surrounding schizophrenia that the latest DSM V has dropped all sub-categories for the condition due to there being too much overlap and uncertainty.

Best wishes,

John
                                Last edited by John G; 03-13-2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X