• Show
Clear All

• argumant

Hello Batman. Thanks.

"JtR was forensically aware."

Indeed?

"The lack of prints . . ."

you are in jest, of course?

"Nobody has ever argued that the murders where done skillfully by someone with medical skill. What the argument actually is - is that within the random slashing there is evidence that this at times get replaced by actual aquired medical skill which usually means organ removal in a certain way indicating skill."

Actually, the argument, made by Baxter--rightly or wrongly--is that the mutilations, THEMSELVES, were skillful on Polly and Annie but NOT on Kate.

What shall we make of this? Perhaps nothing. But PLEASE get the argument straight.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• yup

Hello Trevor. Thanks.

"Different killer to the one who killed some of the others!"

Yes, indeed. Same with Kate.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• inebriation

Hello John.

"Or he was more inebriated than the other murders."

More inebriated when it was earlier, but less so later?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Amputation Knife, Filleting Knife...same results I would imagine

Comment

• stake out

Hello Ausgirl. Thanks.

"Perhaps he found one cut more efficient? Had a worsening mental condition? A sore knife arm? I've mentioned a lot here that changes to MO aren't a terrific way of excluding crimes from a series, because many such killers have been known to make changes like that. Particularly as they evolve or devolve as killers, but for other reasons as well. It's not an uncommon thing to happen, at all."

Professor Trow thought that the deescalation after Kelly was due to infirmity.

"Didn't she tell him she was going out to borrow money, though?"

Yes, from her daughter.

"I can only assume she got it, as she then went on what sounds like an epic bender."

No. Her daughter stoutly denied it. You might like to read my last article on Kate's last 72 hours in which many of these events are put into order. (And it's FREE from Rip.)

"Okay. Then perhaps she was headed for the gentleman's club, hoping to make up for the money she drank away."

Which club would this be, then?

"And she was found a few minutes later, dead. Do you think it was somebody else?"

Haven't the foggiest. The best we can do, I suppose, is apply disjunctive reasoning here.

"Like what?"

Well, as Gavin Bromley pointed out years ago, it makes no sense to have "JTR" leave Berner in a craze, non dum satiatis, and "winding up" in Mitre, only to claim later that he was fully aware of Mitre, etc.

"What I'm having trouble with here is this: I don't know how often Mitre Square was used by prostitutes a/ in general or b/ during the Ripper murders, when police were on high alert and less likely to overlook that trade."

Well, that makes two of us. Those who testified at inquest downplayed the frequency. Not so our modern day "experts."

"But it seems to me, with all the watchmen and policemen about, a poor place for it at that time."

Absolutely. See? We agree.

"The killer had to be aware of Watkins' beat. It couldn't be by chance that he employed the exact minutes Watkins was gone. He had a lot to achieve, in that few minutes."

And don't forget, he needed to know that Watkins was walking reverse beat that night.

"So I lean towards him watching that particular area closely for at least a short time. I can only guess as to why."

How about, Someone wished Kate dead and quietly subsumed by the "Leather Apron" killings?

Cheers.
            LC
            Last edited by lynn cates; 02-21-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Robots R Us

Hello CD. Thanks.

"The salient point is that the victim died by having her throat cut just like before. She was not bludgeoned to death by a baseball bat. One cut or two or two hundred they still ended up dead."

You mean cricket bat? (heh-heh)

But why is that salient? Why couldn't he have attacked with a bat? Was he a robot? Did he have to do things the same way? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• essential elements

Hello (again) CD.

"I was just trying to point out to Lynn that he was focusing on differences and therefore missing the essential elements which made the killings the same."

Ah! And what precisely ARE those essential elements? I'd be much obliged to find out.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• bungled

Hello Errata. Thanks.

So, perhaps it is not due to variation in anatomy?

But shaken? Quite possibly. He really bungled with the intestines and got faecal material everywhere.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    Hello (again) CD.

"I was just trying to point out to Lynn that he was focusing on differences and therefore missing the essential elements which made the killings the same."

Ah! And what precisely ARE those essential elements? I'd be much obliged to find out.

Cheers.
                    LC
                    Hello Lynn,

Your not so subtle sarcasm aside, I would be glad to help you out here and point out the way. On second thought, I'll pass. I can't deal with any more sarcasm right now or a discussion that only goes on ad nauseum and gets us nowhere.

c.d.

Comment

• elements

Hello CD. Thanks.

Actually, in spite of my love of sarcasm, this is NOT an example of it. Really.

You see, I list certain essential elements. Many demur. So, what precisely IS essential to count as the same killer?

But I DO agree about the fruitless discussion. It's all been said many times--and more elegantly-- before.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

More inebriated when it was earlier, but less so later?
                        Hi Lynn

There is strong evidence Mary Kelly was killed in the morning. Exactly when is debatable. But had Jack been drinking the night before and during the early hours he would be more inebriated than for the earlier murders.

Cheers John

Comment

Hello Batman. Thanks.

"JtR was forensically aware."

Indeed?

"The lack of prints . . ."

you are in jest, of course?
                          Evidently there is something to be said for, 'think before you speak'...

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• sooner or later

Hello John. Thanks.

But what of Polly and Annie, later; and Kate, later?

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• wise

Hello Jon. Thanks for that.

Wise words, indeed.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Hello CD. Thanks.

Actually, in spite of my love of sarcasm, this is NOT an example of it. Really.

You see, I list certain essential elements. Many demur. So, what precisely IS essential to count as the same killer?

But I DO agree about the fruitless discussion. It's all been said many times--and more elegantly-- before.

Cheers.
                                LC
                                Never mind. Deep breaths.
                                Last edited by Ausgirl; 02-21-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X