Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " Political Hot Potato...The Highest in the Land "

Hi all,
    " Political Hot Potato"..." The Highest in the Land "..." Establishment cover up "...Files being destroyed and lost.
    All sounds familier doesn't it , when following the news these last few days.

Whether you believe in conspiracy theorys or not concerning the JTR case on the grounds that such things wouldnt and couldnt happen, and just not be able to get away with it, then recent happenings would suggest that the establishment are quite capable of doing just that.

I've never believed in any cover up regarding the jtr murders however I think the police would have been very wary of it been known that they suspected a Jew in case the locals started attacking the Jewish population the fact they erased the famous chalked message tells us this .
    Last edited by pinkmoon; 07-07-2014, 04:10 PM.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I dont for one minute think Prince Eddy was the ripper for instance, but just because people rule him out because he had alibies on the murder dates, Isnt enough to satisfy me. The establishment would be quite capable of tidying up loose ends.

regards.

Comment

G'day Sptglass

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
        I dont for one minute think Prince Eddy was the ripper for instance, but just because people rule him out because he had alibies on the murder dates, Isnt enough to satisfy me. The establishment would be quite capable of tidying up loose ends.

regards.
        So you don't rule out Van Gogh either, just because he was in France at the time as that could be a cover-up too.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi,
          I certainly would rule out Van Gogh on the grounds he wouldnt be able to hear any policemen about.

But when it comes to things that involve establishment at the highest levels, I wouldnt rule anythimg impossible.
          I noticed recently that all files and info regarding the profumo scandal were suposed to have been made public now, however somethings have been held back now because of a link to royalty.

Comment

Really! I don't know what's sillier as the ripper Prince Eddie or Van Gogh.

New Rules for Ripper suspects

1 They have to be famous or household names.
            2 They have to be upper class or aristocratic.
            3 They preferably have to be in another country.
            4 They have to have no connection with the East End.
            5 They have to have no motive or inclination to murder low class whores.
            6 Anything can be made up about these subjects based on prejudice and lack of knowledge.
            7 Brushmarks and anagrams are to be taken as evidence.
            8 Illness, age or sex should not be a barrier to guilt. Even dead people might be implicated.

Can't think of any more rules.

Miss Marple

Comment

Hi Spyglass
              Some will never see and others will always see conspiracy.
              For me all the ingredients are there with JTR.
              Some will have you believe that missing files are nothing more than trophies, some of us find that difficult to believe. Especially as many were returned 100 years later.
              Anderson replacing Monroe the day before the first murder and Warren resigning the day before the last.
              Kellys 'shotgun inquest' in the wrong district was bizarre.
              Warren dragging himself out of bed to personally remove the only evidence, don't think he bothered to visit the murder sites.The list does go on especially with witnesses names changing from initial press reports to official statements,small changes affecting times and actions
              All the best
              You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Pakers Stem

How was Kelly's inquest in "the wrong district".

Once her body was moved it was the only place it could legally be held.

That mortuary was chosen for two reasons:

1. It was the closest

2. It was the better equipped and better condition mortuary.

Also how was it a "shotgun inquest".
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I think the establishment are capable of cover ups. But there is nothing to suggest that that this happened during the Ripper case.

Comment

Hi GUT

Apologies over the inquest error.
                    Was going by memory and in Paul Begg's uncensored facts opinion was that McDonald was wrong,seems that he was correct and that the body would only have been taken back to Whitechapel had Shoreditch refused to pay for burial.
                    As for 'shotgun inquest' think in terms of 'shotgun wedding' referring to the haste.The only inquest concluded in one day and took an awful lot of criticism at the time.
                    I take it you agreed with all points bar the inquest location then?
                    All the best

Comment

Hi All

Isn't it just a "hot potato" rather than a "political hot potato" ?

or am I muddling up two totally different potatoes ?

Comment

G'day Packers Stem

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                        Hi GUT

Apologies over the inquest error.
                        Was going by memory and in Paul Begg's uncensored facts opinion was that McDonald was wrong,seems that he was correct and that the body would only have been taken back to Whitechapel had Shoreditch refused to pay for burial.
                        As for 'shotgun inquest' think in terms of 'shotgun wedding' referring to the haste.The only inquest concluded in one day and took an awful lot of criticism at the time.
                        I take it you agreed with all points bar the inquest location then?
                        All the best
                        Actually no.

From posy #7

Some will have you believe that missing files are nothing more than trophies, some of us find that difficult to believe. Especially as many were returned 100 years later.
                        f they were taken as "trophies" and found by family two or three generations later I find it totally understandable that they were then returned.

Anderson replacing Monroe the day before the first murder
                        You see conspiracy I see life.

and Warren resigning the day before the last.
                        If there had been no more after Warren resigned you might have a point. And that only applies if Kelly was n fact the last.

Kellys 'shotgun inquest' in the wrong district was bizarre.
                        I've addressed the local, a one day inquest is more the norm than dragging them out over months the sole legal purpose of an inquest was to determine cause of death [and victim if necessary] it was not intended to be an investigation into possible murders, they had ID {that we now question] and they had cause that's all they needed. The Coroner gave the jury the opportunity to say they wanted to hear more they were satisfied they could decide cause of death.

Warren dragging himself out of bed to personally remove the only evidence, don't think he bothered to visit the murder sites.
                        And in a time and area where and Jewish feelings were running hot he may well have done the right thing to his mind.

The list does go on especially with witnesses names changing from initial press reports to official statements,small changes affecting times and actions
                        Why shouldn't witnesses have multiple names at a time when the victims certainly did and other than Cross/Lechmere what witnesses name's change?
                        G U T

Comment

Hi GUT
                          Can't accept the timing of Andersons appointment 'as one of those things',same with Warren and yes I do believe Kelly to be the last,never read anything that would make me believe otherwise.
                          Warren had no need to be personally involved in the removal of evidence,he could quite easily have sent instruction back.
                          The Kelly inquest was too short in comparison ,these were a markedly different sequence of events than the authorities had been used to dealing with in the past,her inquest should have at least been a few days rather than hours.Would have given more time for investigation and witnesses to come forward,Hutchinson if you believe any of that.
                          The point about the name changes is not about the name but about the subtle differences which change times,actions and descriptions
                          All the best

Comment

G'day Packers Stem

The Kelly inquest was too short in comparison ,these were a markedly different sequence of events than the authorities had been used to dealing with in the past,her inquest should have at least been a few days rather than hours.Would have given more time for investigation and witnesses to come forward,Hutchinson if you believe any of that.
                            But the purpose of an inquest s not to investigate who the culprit was, the police investigate, once cause od death is established the inquest has done its job.
                            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              G'day Packers Stem

But the purpose of an inquest s not to investigate who the culprit was, the police investigate, once cause of death is established the inquest has done its job.
                              And this is something that in Conspiracy Theory circles would be called Anomaly hunting. Gut is quite right to say that the inquest did exactly what was expected of it, but was short in comparison to other inquests in this case alone and not as a general rule , it is easy to portray that as an anomaly that requires accounting for. Even if it were unusual the most obvious explanation is that somebody with a blunter approach to the inquest who believed the police should do their job over the inquest doing the job, took the reigns.

The general rule of thumb is never attribute to sinister conspiracy that which is better explained by idiocy or difference of opinion.
                              There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Working...
                              X