What is your Ripper music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your Ripper music?

I'm curious what musical accompaniment (if any) you peeps listen to when you're on a good Ripper fix?

This has been my latest song of choice:

I think it captures the mood quite well.

Hi,

I have always liked Jack The Ripper by Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages. It has Ritchie Blackmore on lead guitar.

Comment

This one's very atmospheric :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Jack the Ripper by Malevolent Creation it's a cover of the Hobbs Angel of Death song.

Comment

I always like The Nobodies by Marilyn Manson. I think because it was in the movie From Hell while the end credits are playing.

Comment

Jr. Walker and the All Stars. "I don't want to do wrong, but it's been so long, that I just can't help myself."
            http://www.vinyljockey.altervista.org TOP RARE VINYLS for the first time on YouTube: I DON'T WANT TO DO WRONG - JR. WALKER & THE ALL STARS -1972 TAMLA MOTOW...

Or The Rhythm Methodists "Wheelers Howl"-
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
            Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

AC/DC- "Hell's Bells."

Comment

I rather like the "Dark Annie" song by the Town Pants, and you can't beat Mack the Knife (in its original Brecht/Weill incarnation). There's a great new show ("Lulu - A Murder Ballad") by the splendidly dark-humoured Tiger Lillies, featuring this song about Jack:

Here comes the official music video for our little darling "Jack" (aka Jack the Ripper), from our new album & show "Lulu - A Murder Ballad", inspired by Fra...

Can't wait for the album to come out.
                Last edited by Sam Flynn; 06-07-2014, 04:02 PM.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  There's a great new show ("Lulu - A Murder Ballad") by the splendidly dark-humoured Tiger Lillies, featuring this song about Jack:

Here comes the official music video for our little darling "Jack" (aka Jack the Ripper), from our new album & show "Lulu - A Murder Ballad", inspired by Fra...

Can't wait for the album to come out.
                  Your wait is over!

It was released three months ago...

I'm a big fan of the Tiger Lillies, though for some reason my wife cannot stand them. ???

JM

Comment

Sometimes when I feel like it, I put on the album The Monstrous Soul by Lustmord (aka Brian Williams). It's dark ambient/industrial music and may be a bit hard to stomach for the uninitiated but its sombre tonal structures calm and focus my thoughts at the same time.

One of these days I'm going to create an adaption/cover of A Violet From Mother's Grave in my studio. Always wanted to find out how it sounds in minor key.
                    ~ All perils, specially malignant, are recurrent - Thomas De Quincey ~

Comment

I have no desire to listen to some special music when I'm reading about the Ripper. I mean, why would I have anything special? To remind me of the butchery? Kind of strange I think. Yeah, I have music on when I'm reading sometimes, but it has nothing to do with the subject material. Actually, that's kind of creepy.

Mike
                      huh?

Comment

I can guarantee it will not be ripper related and more likely than not from the 60's.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                          I have no desire to listen to some special music when I'm reading about the Ripper. I mean, why would I have anything special? To remind me of the butchery? Kind of strange I think. Yeah, I have music on when I'm reading sometimes, but it has nothing to do with the subject material. Actually, that's kind of creepy.

Mike
                          I don't listen to music while I'm reading Ripper-related books but like to bring my mind into focus beforehand by chosing a selection of albums or tracks that set the mood.

Music is very important for me, it's a key to unlock subconscious thoughts and more often than not helps to sharpen my attention. I use it as a vehicle to open my mind, that's all there's to it. If that makes me creepy, so be it.
                          ~ All perils, specially malignant, are recurrent - Thomas De Quincey ~

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Morrissey song yet. I hear that song and start experiencing Ripper Podcast withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

I don't often listen to music when I'm on the boards. The Junior Walker track came out about the same time I learned of Dan Farson's work, so it's a natural association. Any haunting or atmospheric track is a good bet.

I wonder what tune may have been circulating in Jack's head when he committed the crimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X