TikTok sleuth busts open 'Jack the Ripper' mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TikTok sleuth busts open 'Jack the Ripper' mystery

... by identifying a 'creepy, rich, misogynistic artist' as the killer of Victorian London - and you ALREADY know his name

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-London.html
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
    ---------------------------------------------------

I got as far as a TikToker from Tennessee and stopped as I knew it would be BS...

Comment

Oh God!

It's Degas!!!

Another one for the "Most Ridiculous Suspects" thread.

Comment

Why does The Daily Mail think that the opinion of someone that wouldn’t win a counting your own legs competition is worth printing? This appears to be a woman that thinks that they had underwater trains in those days. So we’ve had Sickert, Van Gogh, Toulouse Lautrec and now Degas.

I’m sure that I can see mutilated corpses in those water lilies. Wait for my new book: Claude the Ripper: The Beast of Giverny.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Jesus flippin' wept! Why!? Oh wait, 15 million views on TikTok. That'll be why.
          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

The right question would be to know who wasn't Jack the Ripper?
            “There had been a madness of murder in the air. Some red star had come too close to the earth…”
            Oscar Wilde, The Portrait of Dorian Gray

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              Why does The Daily Mail think that the opinion of someone that wouldn’t win a counting your own legs competition is worth printing? This appears to be a woman that thinks that they had underwater trains in those days. So we’ve had Sickert, Van Gogh, Toulouse Lautrec and now Degas.

I’m sure that I can see mutilated corpses in those water lilies. Wait for my new book: Claude the Ripper: The Beast of Giverny.
              Maybe your theories would gain more traction with the Daily Mail HERLOCK if you tried being a perky, freckled redhead more often.

Wait… see here… it reads that Degas may have been likely to carry chalk in his pocket, him being an artist & all… and the GSG being written in chalk. That’s the break-through ive been looking for… caso cerrado!
              there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post

Maybe your theories would gain more traction with the Daily Mail HERLOCK if you tried being a perky, freckled redhead more often.

Wait… see here… it reads that Degas may have been likely to carry chalk in his pocket, him being an artist & all… and the GSG being written in chalk. That’s the break-through ive been looking for… caso cerrado!
                Yup, the chalk is the clincher Robert (though I did try that one with Druitt being a schoolteacher but no one went for it.)
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                  The right question would be to know who wasn't Jack the Ripper?
                  Charles Cross
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Why does The Daily Mail think that the opinion of someone that wouldn’t win a counting your own legs competition is worth printing?
                    It's the Daily Mail, Herlock!

Let's face it, the bar is set pretty low!

Comment

I've not heard of Toulouse Lautrec as the being a Ripper suspect before. At 4'8" tall that produces quite a comical image. Did he carry a little box around with him to stand on when propositioning his victims?

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

It's the Daily Mail, Herlock!

Let's face it, the bar is set pretty low!
                        I didn’t consider that Ms D.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

I've not heard of Toulouse Lautrec as the being a Ripper suspect before. At 4'8" tall that produces quite a comical image. Did he carry a little box around with him to stand on when propositioning his victims?
                          It was actually Henri Bourges who committed the murder…apparently.

I’ll let you read it first Martyn.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I love this quote from the article: "She notes that Degas wrote a 'ton of letters' from southern France at the time of two Ripper slayings.

This was likely Degas 'setting himself up an alibi' through a paper trail, she adds."

So Degas wrote letters from southern France at the time of the murders, and she views that as him setting himself up an alibi, but if he was in southern France at the time of the murders, that would mean that he really does have an alibi..

Comment

I'm particularly impressed by her assertion that it was a short train trip from France to London in 1888.

- Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X