The Closest Modern Serial Killer to the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Closest Modern Serial Killer to the Ripper

I have 2 questions here. The first is, what serial killer today would be the closest thing to what would be a modern day Jack the Ripper? I'm talking anyone from 1950 to Today, male or female, caught or uncaught. Give the real name or the nick name for the killer you bring forward.
    My second question is, How would a Modernized Jack the Ripper stay anonymous and uncaught? Are there any killers that are UnCaught that you'd say carry on where the Ripper Him or Herself left off?

Regarding your first question, here is a link to an earlier thread.

Forum for discussion about how Jack could have done it, why Jack might have done it and the psychological factors that are involved in serial killers. Also the forum for profiling discussions.

To your second, are we assuming the mutiliations and posing the body would remain the same? If so, I think he'd be quickly caught. His best chance would be to keep the same victimology but move around over a much greater area. Hiding the bodies would help tremendously, of course, but at some point an updated Jack would become sufficiently different from Jack the Ripper to defeat the purpose of the question.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the closest modern serial killer to the Ripper, but there was the so-called Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run (the Cleveland Torso Killer) in the 1930s. Primary suspect was Dr. Frank Sweeney.

A breakdown of many modern serial killers (as well as older ones) was summarized in the article Murder Most Foul Parts 1 and 2 in Ripperologist 153 and 154 (December 2016 and February 2017).

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post
        I have 2 questions here. The first is, what serial killer today would be the closest thing to what would be a modern day Jack the Ripper? I'm talking anyone from 1950 to Today, male or female, caught or uncaught. Give the real name or the nick name for the killer you bring forward.
        My second question is, How would a Modernized Jack the Ripper stay anonymous and uncaught? Are there any killers that are UnCaught that you'd say carry on where the Ripper Him or Herself left off?
        no one is just like the ripper. but id say dahmer, william suff, ed gein come closest.

Comment

Working...
        X