Robert Mann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Mann

Did they ever consider Mann to be a suspect of Jack the Ripper? How much is known of him?

M.J. Trow wrote "Jack the Ripper Quest for a Killer" spruiking his candidacy.

Comment

Mann was in his late fifties and in poor health. I'd expect the Ripper to be a younger, stronger man. Mann was living in the workhouse, so probably not free to wander the streets at night and hiding trophy organs at the workhouse seems rather challenging.
      "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Mann a crap suspect but better than some.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          Mann a crap suspect but better than some.
          Anyone in mind John?
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Anyone in mind John?
            Yes. Off the top of my head Lechmere

Comment

charles mann is a non suspect. he has no real connection to the case, wasnt suspected by anyone at the time and cant be linked to any of the victims near tod. and trow imho isnt a good researcher and writer either. i put mann in the category of non suspect with the likes of fieganbaum, david cohen, hardiman etc., men who are fitted up by modern day researchers based on a wish and a prayer with absolutely no evidence whatsover. one step ahead of joke suspects like van gogh, sickert, gull, lewis carroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                charles mann is a non suspect. he has no real connection to the case, wasnt suspected by anyone at the time and cant be linked to any of the victims near tod. and trow imho isnt a good researcher and writer either. i put mann in the category of non suspect with the likes of fieganbaum, david cohen, hardiman etc., men who are fitted up by modern day researchers based on a wish and a prayer with absolutely no evidence whatsover. one step ahead of joke suspects like van gogh, sickert, gull, lewis carroll.
                of course i should have said robert mann.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

of course i should have said robert mann.
                  Robert Mann is a non-suspect. His cousin Charles however was a hitman for the Freemasons Abby. Employed by Warren and Anderson to kill prostitutes so that they could blame it on a mysterious group of Fenian Theosophist Cannibals.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Robert Mann is a non-suspect. His cousin Charles however was a hitman for the Freemasons Abby. Employed by Warren and Anderson to kill prostitutes so that they could blame it on a mysterious group of Fenian Theosophist Cannibals.
                    lol. im reading the best ripper history book. From Hell. it was gull

Comment

Yes. Off the top of my head Lechmere
                      Lechmere's a lousy suspect, but I'd put Mann as a worse suspect. Lechmere was younger and arguably fitter. As a carman, he'd have known the area better than most. And he would have had more freedom of movement than someone in a workhouse.
                      "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Lechmere's a lousy suspect, but I'd put Mann as a worse suspect. Lechmere was younger and arguably fitter. As a carman, he'd have known the area better than most. And he would have had more freedom of movement than someone in a workhouse.
                        I disagree. Ironically we know a fair bit about Lechmere largely because of the Lechmerians. Which for me totally clears Lechmere. However I think both Lechmere and Mann are non suspects. I would put Lechmere in particular in the same category of poor suspects as Gull, VanGough, Sickert etc.

Cheers John

Comment

I disagree. Ironically we know a fair bit about Lechmere largely because of the Lechmerians. Which for me totally clears Lechmere. However I think both Lechmere and Mann are non suspects. I would put Lechmere in particular in the same category of poor suspects as Gull, VanGough, Sickert etc.

Cheers John
                          Hi John,

I wouldn't go that far. My understanding is that Van Gogh has an alibi, and if so, he's a worse suspect than anyone who doesn't have an alibi. I would say almost any man who is known to have been in the East London area at the time of the murders, was 20-50 years old at the time, and doesn't have an alibi, is a better suspect than Gull or Sickert.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

Hi John,

I wouldn't go that far. My understanding is that Van Gogh has an alibi, and if so, he's a worse suspect than anyone who doesn't have an alibi. I would say almost any man who is known to have been in the East London area at the time of the murders, was 20-50 years old at the time, and doesn't have an alibi, is a better suspect than Gull or Sickert.
                            Hi Lewis

I think we are splitting hairs here. At the end of the day they are all terrible suspects.

Comment

Hi Lewis

I think we are splitting hairs here. At the end of the day they are all terrible suspects.
                              Yes, none of them are good.

Comment

Working...
                              X