Blackheath Railway Station upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackheath Railway Station upgrade.

Hi everyone ...long time since I last visited,hope you are all OK..

Just to let you know that if anyone is planning to come down to Blackheath to take a look at the area..the railway station is having a major re-fit. This includes the ticket hall,and the main area of the station is being extended in a £420,OOO re-fit. A temporary ticket hall is in the car park.

I haven't seen the station for some years..so I have no idea if any of the fixtures and fittings that have been removed lately,were from Monty's days in Blackheath. The ticket hall,and a lot of the station was in wood in those days. I have a set of photo's of the station as it was in 1888.

Regards,
    ANNA.

G'Day Anna

Would be great if you could post some.

For a poor non Londoner, how long would it have taken dear old Monte from Blackheath to his chambers in the City.

Thanks

GUT
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi GUT,

I'll post the pictures as soon as I can locate them from amongst the JTR paperwork files in my bookcase.

The railway journey from Blackheath to London Bridge Station in the City,would probably have taken about 10-15 minutes.

Regards,
      ANNA.

Comment

G'Day Anna

Thanks
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
          Hi GUT,

I'll post the pictures as soon as I can locate them from amongst the JTR paperwork files in my bookcase.

The railway journey from Blackheath to London Bridge Station in the City,would probably have taken about 10-15 minutes.

Regards,
          ANNA.
          Hi Anna,when people dismiss druitt purely on the grounds of him not living in the area of the murders they tend to forget how easy it would be for him to travel to the area .
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

G'Day Pinkmoon

Also that he had chambers just around the corner.
            But there is also as much against him as for him.

GUT
            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              G'Day Pinkmoon

Also that he had chambers just around the corner.
              But there is also as much against him as for him.

GUT
              Hi gut,Druitt been named by a high Ranking police officer must carry some weight it's just a pity he never shared his "private information" with us.I do not think anything known about Druitt by the police would have been conclusive but to name him must carry some weight.I will be the first to concede that it's quite possible that all Druitt was guilty of was been mentally ill however there is always a slight possibilty that one day someone will discover what this"private information" was.
              Last edited by pinkmoon; 01-10-2014, 04:49 PM.
              Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

G'Day Pinkmoon

And by the MP for Dorset.

Interestingly Charles Druitt was a clergyman in Dorset, where my family were in the clergy from at least very early 1700's to early 1900's and for a period served at the same Church, though I cannot confirm if their time there overlapped yet, but I have heard all sorts of rumors about Jacky and Dorset, at about 5th hand of course, so have never placed much weight in them.

GUT
                G U T

Comment

G'Day Pinkmoon

And by the MP for Dorset.

Interestingly Charles Druitt was a clergyman in Dorset, where my family were in the clergy from at least very early 1700's to early 1900's and for a period served at the same Church, though I cannot confirm if their time there overlapped yet, but I have heard all sorts of rumors about Jacky and Dorset, at about 5th hand of course, so have never placed much weight in them.

GUT
                  Could well be that Druitt enterd the frame purely by the timing of his suicide .

Comment

Yep could be.
                    G U T

Comment

return ticket from Hammersmith to Charing Cross

G'Day

Excuse my ignorance but Monte had a return ticket from Hammersmith to Charing Cross. Where are these in relation to,

1. Blackheath
                      2. Temple Inn Chambers
                      3. Dorset

Or more to the point where was he travelling between my maps don't seem to be helping me.

Or maybe I just can't read a map!!

G.U.T.
                      G U T

Comment

Like I know generally where they are but why would he get on or off at Hammersmith and why Charing Cross not Temple Station.

I know I'm stupid but I don't understand.
                        G U T

Comment

Also why but a Season ticket on 1 Dec if he's about to kill himself.

Any thoughts.

GUT
                          G U T

Comment

G'Day

Or that should be a half season ticket.

G.U.T.
                            G U T

Comment

Yep could be.
                              Hi gut,sir Melville macnaghten who named Druitt was a very well thought of and respected police officer I can't see him putting pen to paper without something apart from gossip.

Comment

Working...
                              X