You Get One Wish (….and only one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Get One Wish (….and only one)

Ok, this has probably been done before but….

If you could get one question answered on this case (not including ‘who was Jack The Ripper) what would it be?

Mine would be - what was Macnaghten’s private information?

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

If you could get one question answered on this case (not including ‘who was Jack The Ripper) what would it be?

Well yeah, that one would be up there for me too, but since you've already claimed it, I'll go with "Did Caroline Maxwell really see the actual MJK on the morning of the Lord Mayors show?"

I've always had a stone in my shoe about her witness statement!

Comment

Was the Goulston Street scribblings actually chalked by Jack?? Is my one

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post
        Was the Goulston Street scribblings actually chalked by Jack?? Is my one
        Probably my number 2 choice Christian.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Well yeah, that one would be up there for me too, but since you've already claimed it, I'll go with "Did Caroline Maxwell really see the actual MJK on the morning of the Lord Mayors show?"

I've always had a stone in my shoe about her witness statement!
          Good choice. So many unknowns.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

who killed Eddowes. lol i know i kind of cheated.

if i had only one it would be.. who were the victims of Jack the ripper. if i had three wishes (cmon Herlock its always three wishes!) the other two would be why did he stop and were the ripper and torsoman the same.

Comment

Probably my number 2 choice Christian.
              Great minds & all that!!

Comment

If all of the written information related to the case (police files, etc.) that has been lost could be restored, what would it say?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post
                  If all of the written information related to the case (police files, etc.) that has been lost could be restored, what would it say?
                  Very sneaky Lewis. Potentially answering many questions in one fell swoop.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

who killed Eddowes. lol i know i kind of cheated.

if i had only one it would be.. who were the victims of Jack the ripper. if i had three wishes (cmon Herlock its always three wishes!) the other two would be why did he stop and were the ripper and torsoman the same.
                    New thread rule - only one question allowed each (except for Abby)
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

An hour with Seven of Nine on the Holodeck....oh wait, you said Ripper related...never mind.

c.d.

Comment

There's a few - all the ones mentioned especially Ms Diddles' Maxwell question which has long been in my mind. Of course Goulston Street Grafitto too. But one not yet mentioned is the trio of witnesses Richardson, Long and Cadosch - what really happened and how do their statements tie into one narrative.

Comment

Was McKenzie actually a ripper victim.
                          They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
                          Out of a misty dream
                          Our path emerges for a while, then closes
                          Within a dream.
                          Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

What are the names all of the people killed by the Ripper.
                            "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Very sneaky Lewis. Potentially answering many questions in one fell swoop.
                              Yes, perhaps that didn't quite fit the spirit of what you were asking. I thought of a more reasonable one. I like Abby and Fiver's question about who were Ripper victims, so here's a companion question to that one: which of the people that we consider Ripper witnesses actually did see JtR?
                              Last edited by Lewis C; 07-14-2023, 12:55 AM. Reason: added an apostrophe

Comment

Working...
                              X