Jack The Ripper's face??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year one and all!

I am pretty sure the walking stick plays a small role in the graphic novel 'from hell'. Someone selling them after the double event as 'mad monk' walking sticks. Abberline is presented with one as a bit of a joke at the end? I think? The stick looks just like the one in the novel, so agree don't think it has been hidden for years.
    Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

A mystery that never was. How ironic.

Comment

Apparently Packer was discredited...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
          Apparently Packer was discredited...
          If Packer did sell grapes to the ripper, those sketches go a fair way to explaining how he got away with it. He looks so totally unremarkable and normal that if passed in the street, you wouldn't look twice. He also looks like he could have money.

Comment

Passable on nose and eyes but can't see the hair in either sketch. Reasonable on a sort of 'youthful' look of someone late twenties. A sketch of Bury in August 1888 apparently shows him with just a moustache. The theory is he grew the beard to change his appearance, possibly after the double event (Beadle) but I think more likely after the failed attempt and good description in relation to Farmer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture4.png Views:	0 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	803531
            Last edited by Aethelwulf; 02-07-2023, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X