Sunday People Jack the ripper 8-page pullout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday People Jack the ripper 8-page pullout

did anyone pick up a copy at the weekend?

I did, twice ! One to keep , another for investment

Fascinating archive reports from The People as it was called then back in the autumn of 1888. I haven't had chance to study each report yet as I have been in London myself but already seen two sketches of the court I haven't seen previously. However I guess a few expert casebookers already have.

Definitely recommend writing to the paper for a copy you may have missed.

Hi,
    Yes I heard about that , my mother-in-law has saved me it ,and I shall be getting it tomorrow, sounds fascinating.
    Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
      Hi,
      Yes I heard about that , my mother-in-law has saved me it ,and I shall be getting it tomorrow, sounds fascinating.
      Regards Richard.
      It is indeed Richard. I was half expecting one of the sunday papers to do an archive pullout in this , the 125th anniversary year of the murders. Our best best would have been the News Of The World but that publication is no more. Maybe it's sister paper and replacement, The Sunday Sun will pick up , indeed the Sunday Mirror also.

I took particular interest in the centre page and 'Exploring New depths of evil .. mary mutilation worse than all his past crimes'. There are numerous reports and there are 3 scene of the tragedy sketches. You will have to see if you have seen these before, at least one is new to me. Kudos to your mother-in-law, hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think.

A 4 page pullout would have been nice enough but double the number is a top gesture by the Sunday People
      Last edited by ceejay75; 07-22-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

"Pullout" is an unfortunate term for a Ripper item.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          "Pullout" is an unfortunate term for a Ripper item.
          Yes, that's what his father should have done.
          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
            Yes, that's what his father should have done.
            or refering to page 8. her father!!

Comment

Working...
            X