Evening News, Oct 29 1888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
    The second snippet you mention above was mentioned with a little more detail in my "Heartless" article/dissertation.
    Which the likes of Perry and Robert wouldn't have bothered reading.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      Which the likes of Perry and Robert wouldn't have bothered reading.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
      You know a little more investigation before you come up with something assenine like the above might have revealed to you that I did read it and complimented Dan on it. How about for once Tom you address relevant points being discussed instead of trying to mock anyone that disagrees with you..you might learn something.

Thanks for the explanation Dan, and I see your angle. What I was wondering wasnt why this wasnt evidence per se...Im wondering why a little more than a week later they didnt announce they had a possible clue that this "event" was going to happen.

Im at a loss to figure why a chalk message that has no overt message from a killer about killings became a storm of controversy, when a similar one that addressed killings and a heart to be taken, which was, wasnt brought up immediately when Mary was found.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
        Im at a loss to figure why a chalk message that has no overt message from a killer about killings became a storm of controversy, when a similar one that addressed killings and a heart to be taken, which was, wasnt brought up immediately when Mary was found.
        Because one had a bloody piece of apron taken from an actual Ripper victim's body found next to it and the other was indistinguishable from all of the hoax messages that lifted information about the murders from press reports.

Dan Norder
        Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
        Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

I have indeed read Dan's article and have said that I have. Short of filming myself reading it I can't really offer anything in the way of further assurance.

Comment

Working...
          X