Name the Name with a short answer why please :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    My three are Joseph Fleming, Walter Sickert , or the unnamed man Maxwell saw with Kelly at 8.45 A.M [ alleged ]
    Regards Richard,

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
      Too bad this thread has altered so much...but,

Tony Devereux probably rewrote a diary found in Battlecrease House and gave it to Mike Barrett in 1990. The original (now lost) was a spoof originated by eccentric playwrite Harry Dam, ham actor George Grossmith and musician Michael Maybrick.
      You've got the makin's of a play at least.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post

If you said already forgive me please but could you tell me who you favor to be the Ripper? Your top 3 or such?
        Earlier in this thread I gave my first choice for a Person of Interest (as opposed to 'suspect').

I don't have a second or third choice.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Earlier in this thread I gave my first choice for a Person of Interest (as opposed to 'suspect').

I don't have a second or third choice.
          the bethnal green botherer! as you know ive also found this character very intriguing

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
            Person or persons unknown and likely to stay that way.
            This is likeliest IMO.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

The nameless individual loitering outside the Britannia pub (a.k.a. The Bethnal Green man) seen by both Lewis & Kennedy is my No.1 Person of Interest.
              I suspect this is the same man seen with Stride at the Bricklayers Arms, and seen by PC Smith, and seen by Packer, and seen in Millers Court by Bowyer.
              It's my view he was of the same social class as Druitt, whether this really was Druitt cannot be ruled out yet.
              Hi Wick,

Can you point me in the direction of some info on Bethnal Green man please

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I am not saying he is my Num 1 suspect, but one person I find interesting is the husband of Caroline Maxwell - Henry. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much info on him.
                Num 1 suspect, The man seen by Lawende or Blotchy

Regards Darryl

Comment

I think its entirely possible that Jacob Isenschmidt is the rightful owner of "The Ripper" pseudonym, only he was far less successful in creating a volume of murder than we have all been assuming Jack was. Because he was unable to continue past Annie. The first victim and second victim are the closest in time to each other, a virtual mirror image of each other in Victimology, MO and discernible Motivations, and there is the oft present escalation in injuries due to a now more mature, experienced killer and the privacy he had in the second murder.

Jack as a Double Homicide guy.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

Why plant the book in the Maybrick home? - where would you keep your diary, at work?
                    Sorry, Jon, I didn't make myself clear. I meant: why plant the book in the Maybrick home, if the motive wasn't to cause mischief?

I think the plan, whatever it was, went wrong because it was meant to have been found, probably with the watch, by the occupier at the time. If both were nicked and then sold separately - Mike Barrett had the diary by March 1992 and Albert Johnson bought the watch legitimately in July 1992 - there was no easy way to track either back to the house.

Just a hunch really.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

You struggle with identifying who I am talking about, or struggle with the idea that this person could have been involved?
                      I genuinely don't know who you could be talking about, Jon.

But if they are no longer with us, at least that narrows it down a wee bit.

Love,

Caz
                      X

Comment

Yes, you may have forgotten but a few years ago I was talking with you about how Melvin Harris exposed a few issues claimed by Harrison &Co. You then added that Harris was not always correct in his conclusions, or something to that end.

This was the last exchange I had with anyone on Diary matters.
                        Absolutely fair enough, Jon.

Incidentally, Melvin Harris concluded that the Barretts did not create the diary [which I'm certain he got right], but were merely the handlers and placers of the hoax.

They did handle the diary and they did place it with Rupert Crew, but at the time I am now certain that neither of them knew what Mike had.

Love,

Caz
                        X

Comment

Ah, sarcasm, love it
                          No, I have not claimed Shirley Harrison forged the Diary, she was clearly taken in by the deception.

Neither do I recall you arguing for the acceptance of the Diary as 'real' back in the day. But you surely remember the numerous posters you blindly believed the story verbatim?
                          I can assure you Jon, no sarcasm was intended in my reply to your post here:

Less tolerant for stupidity the older I get.
                          I couldn't say which is worse, Stephen Knight's The Final Solution, Royal Conspiracy crap or, Shirley Harrison's The Diary of Jack the Ripper, deceptive nonsense.
                          Sorry, just passing through a senior rant here....
                          I just get tired of hearing about diaries, royal princes & black magic rituals.
                          Maybe there'll be a laxative available someday.....
                          You implied that Shirley herself was stupid and had been deceptive with her book, which was what I was responding to.

I know you weren't claiming she forged the damned thing! She still believes it to be genuine, while others still believe the Barretts created it. I believe neither.

I remember the odd two or three posters who shared Shirley's belief in the diary, but for each one there were twenty who didn't.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          Last edited by caz; 04-29-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                            Too bad this thread has altered so much...but,

Tony Devereux probably rewrote a diary found in Battlecrease House and gave it to Mike Barrett in 1990. The original (now lost) was a spoof originated by eccentric playwrite Harry Dam, ham actor George Grossmith and musician Michael Maybrick.
                            Hi Scotty,

Devereux died in August 1991, and the diary turned up in Battlecrease House on March 9th 1992, and was sold to Mike Barrett, who wasn't told where it came from, so he had to make something up - that's Devereux's only involvement, as Mike's cover story.

Love,

Caz
                            X

Comment

I would love to have surprised and questioned Blotchy. It's pretty obvious why he didn't come forward, guilty or not, but I'd want to see how he performed under interrogation. If he turned out to be a regular user of the local prostitutes, I'd have had his home and workplace searched from top to bottom before he could get back there and move anything.

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                                Devereux died in August 1991, and the diary turned up in Battlecrease House on March 9th 1992, and was sold to Mike Barrett, who wasn't told where it came from, so he had to make something up - that's Devereux's only involvement, as Mike's cover story.
                                I don't know Caroline. Yes, Devereux died in 1991, but I'm not so sure about the rest. Chronology and events become confused once the Diary got into the hands of Mike Barrett.

Comment

Working...
                                X