No announcement yet.

Getting reacquainted with the material!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting reacquainted with the material!

Hi all, it's been about 10 years since I look at JTR due to long term health issues which knocked me back physically. I appreciate that many views have changed on the case as it is forever evolving. I'm currently reading the Source Book by the esteemed Evans and Skinner as well as listening to Rippercast and reading the stuff on here. I'm wondering if there's any other material I should/could be reading? or anything I should avoid? Has anyone read Steven Blomer's book Inside Bucks Row – Mary Ann Nichols: An Anatomy of Murder. Opinions? I heard it was an interactive book but cannot seem to locate it. Thank you

It's currently going for £4.99 for the smaller resolution version( seriously I recommend the smaller one)

Details can be found on Facebook, the page is inside Bucks Row.

You can find quotes there from Paul Beggs review of the book in Ripperologist magazine.

Here is the PayPal link

Go to paypal.me/bucksrow and type in the amount. Since it’s PayPal, it's easy and secure. Don’t have a PayPal account? No worries.

Steve

Comment

Greetings MrTwibbs.

The case has been solved several times in the last ten years, and that's on top of it's previous solvings.

As for Inside Bucks Row, I've not read it, I don't have ebooks, but you can listen to the author here:

Steve recently posted that he's working on an updated version.
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Thank you for responding! i'm sure I'll have many more questions for you in time

Comment

Originally posted by MrTwibbs View Post
          I'm currently reading the Source Book by the esteemed Evans and Skinner as well as listening to Rippercast and reading the stuff on here. I'm wondering if there's any other material I should/could be reading? or anything I should avoid?
          I would suggest one to avoid, other than for entertainment value, is - The Search For Jack The Ripper: A Psychic Investigation by Pamela Bell.

Comment

Thank you all. I've also listened to the podcast concerning the book entitled "the Five" written by Hallie Rubenhold. It's a shame she chose the revisionist route.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

I would suggest one to avoid, other than for entertainment value, is - The Search For Jack The Ripper: A Psychic Investigation by Pamela Bell.
              I'd add "Uncle Jack" by Tony Williams.
              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Not to mention Aunty Jack.

Farewell Aunty Jack (song) - YouTube
                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

I'll see your Auntie Jack, and I'll raise you this:

Keith Alan Hopkins, better known by his stage name, Keith West (born 6 December 1943, Dagenham, Essex, England) is a British rock singer who was the lead sin...

(Honestly, that Auntie Jack is the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time)
                  Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Working...
                  X