X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    SRA was not anti-Semitic?

That will come as a shock to nobody.

Witness how closely SRA allied himself with the authors of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

And that doesn't change a thing.

There was a suspect.

There was a witness.

There was an identification.

Kosminski was the suspect.

The Baron

Comment

• Hi Baron,

No suspect
      No witness
      No identification

What else have you got?

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Another one bites the dust
        Originally posted by The Baron View Post

And that doesn't change a thing.

There was a suspect.

But on what evidence did that suspect come to the notice of the police in the first instance?

There was a witness.

Who was that witness, and what was his evidence to make him such a prime witness?

There was an identification.

But that identification was not conducted under the identification guidelines so it was not worth the paper it was written on, and if it did ever take place and I do not believe it did in the way described. I have to ask why would the police jeopardize a murder case by not conforming to the identification rules?

Kosminski was the suspect.

What evidence was there to make Kosminski a suspect in the first place to enable the police to put him on an Id parade?

The marginalia that it seems you seek to rely on is so flawed in many ways to be able to rely on anything that is contained in it.It's just another example of too much emphasis and reliability being put on these ageing police officers memoirs by researchers

The Baron

Comment

Hi Baron,

No suspect
          No witness
          No identification

What else have you got?

Regards,

Simon

Actually one has to ask, what YOU have got, if anything...

There was a suspect, Kosminski was the suspect.

Kosminski will remain forever the prime suspect of the whole case.

You may have found a way to convince yourself otherwise by discrediting Sir Anderson maybe, but changing written history needs more than that.

I don't know if Kosminski WAS the ripper, nor do I have all the paperwork made by the police at the time of the murderes, I do believe that the murderer was of an unsound mind, had a great hatred of women, specially of the prostitute class, and had strong homicidal tendencies, someone who is like Kosminski even if he wasn't.

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Actually one has to ask, what YOU have got, if anything...

If that were true each detective would have the same suspect, but they don't.
            Druitt was the first and original suspect, but neither Druitt nor Kozminski were suspected at the time of the murders, and neither could be placed in the vicinity at the time of any murder.
            "Prime Suspect" is just the title of a book.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hi Baron,

Sir Robert Anderson, who never uttered the name Kosminski, was a fabulist of the first order.

I demonstrated this in my book, "Deconstructing Jack."

So on what is your observation that "Kosminski will remain forever the prime suspect of the whole case" based upon?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

If that were true each detective would have the same suspect, but they don't.
                Druitt was the first and original suspect, but neither Druitt nor Kozminski were suspected at the time of the murders, and neither could be placed in the vicinity at the time of any murder.
                "Prime Suspect" is just the title of a book.

This is literally wrong on all aspects I am afraid.

I choose to go with Anderson and Swanson on this, other officers differ?! That is to be expected, we don't have a case closed scenario here, nor the word prime suspect means a conviction. The only one who had ever a good view of the murderer without hesitation identified him! Can you proove otherwise ?!

If not then all your queries are of an academic value only.

The Baron

Comment

The Baron
                  How someone can claim this without any evidence but some quotes from notes on the subject is mystifying. There may well have been many Persons of Interest with respect to these crimes, there are a lot of men taken in and questioned regarding individual murders, surely some left some suspicions with the authorities. But to suggest that there was any one man that Police had evidence on that connected him to any one of these Ripper murders is incorrect. Based on what information has been made available on these crimes of course.

A Suspect designation requires more evidence than just being alive at the time of the murders, being mentioned in notes, or living in the same huge city. Jack the Ripper crimes do not have any Suspects, they have investigator opinions...sometimes seemingly very misguided ones....they have theoretical motives that point in some directions, and they have physical evidence that contain no identified clues as to who killed any of the Canonical Group. I say identified clues because things like the envelope piece by Annie may well have been a breadcrumb. Kates facial cuts. Things like that, just not deciphered properly.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

• Hello Simon.

I'm glad to see you're on the mend.

In regards to solutions scribbled in the margins of books, you've probably come across this, but Colin Wilson informs us that the following note was found in a library in Kent, jotted inside a copy of Robin Odell's Jack the Ripper in Fact and Fiction (1970):

"Jack the Ripper died at Tooting Beck Hospital [sic], Ward G III." The note is signed 'M. A. B.', all written in an appropriately red ink.

No further information is given.

A quick look shows that Tooting Bec opened in 1903, and its records are deposited in the National Archives. A studious person with a lot of time on their hands could possibly identify the 'suspect,' if they existed, though I 'suspect' the note may well date to 1 April of some undisclosed year.

--For what it's worth.

P.S. Below is Tooting Bec Hospital, showing an unidentified woman, wistfully staring up at what might be the Ripper's window.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tooting Bec Hospital.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	734103
                    Last edited by rjpalmer; 04-08-2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

This is literally wrong on all aspects I am afraid.
                      Likely you have not been following the Druitt saga. As you know the earliest dates suggested to refer to Kozminski are 1890/91 and his removal to Mile end Workhouse. As opposed to the Farquharson drama suggested to refer to Druitt which began in 1889.
                      In modern times Kozminski had been forgotten and Colin Wilson revived Druitt as the first 'named' viable suspect, but this you do know.
                      Therefore it is, literally correct.

I choose to go with Anderson and Swanson on this, other officers differ?! That is to be expected, we don't have a case closed scenario here, nor the word prime suspect means a conviction. The only one who had ever a good view of the murderer without hesitation identified him! Can you proove otherwise ?!
                      Can you prove who "had a good view" was?
                      Nobody else has been able to, so how can you claim this is true?

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hi RJ,

MAB was Queen of all the Fairies. I don't know if this is a clue.

Tooting Bec Hospital was an Infirmary for Aged Imbeciles, with ward accommodation and 18 single rooms for 288 males.

So I've booked us separate en suite rooms.

In 1903 at Colney Hatch Asylum the temporary wooden block built in 1896 burned down. Fifty one people died in what would be called the worst disaster in English asylum history.

As a consequence, some patients from Colney Hatch Asylum had to be temporarily accommodated at Tooting Bec.

Stay safe.

Simon
                        Last edited by Simon Wood; 04-08-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Hi RJ,

MAB was Queen of all the Fairies. I don't know if this is a clue.

Tooting Bec Hospital was an Infirmary for Aged Imbeciles, with ward accommodation and 18 single rooms for 288 males.

In 1903 at Colney Hatch Asylum the temporary wooden block built in 1896 burned down. Fifty one people died in what would be called the worst disaster in English asylum history.

As a consequence, some patients from Colney Hatch Asylum had to be temporarily accommodated at Tooting Bec.

Stay safe.

Simon
                          Ola amigo,

Would the records on which patients were transferred there in 03 still be around anywhere? I suppose RJ's contention its a National Archives file makes it the only spot it might be. I found it interesting this 1903 timing..the same year Chapman was hanged.
                          Michael Richards

Comment

• The Colney Hatch fire took place in January 1903, and only affected the female inmates.

The Times, 28th January 1903 -

Click image for larger version

Name:	THE TIMES 28 JAN 1903 COLNEY HATCH FIRE.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	734121

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Can you prove who "had a good view" was?
                              Nobody else has been able to, so how can you claim this is true?

Funny.. Why should I, it is offecial, No less than Sir Anderson and Swanson stated that.

Who he was is academic.

The Baron

Comment

Ha, ha! Thanks, Simon. I hope the suites come padded! And you can have my daily ration of apple sauce.

'M. A. B.' might be the 'Metropolitan Asylums Board' (demonstrating inside knowledge by the maginalienist?), but I like your answer better! Cheers, RP

'Marginalienist': I feel clever.

Comment

Working...
                                X