Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erobitha View Post
    Dr Brown testified at the Eddowes inquiry:

"....The front walls were laid open from the breastbone to the pubes. The cut commenced opposite the ensiform cartilage, the incision went upwards not penetrating the skin that was over the sternum - it then divided the ensiform cartilage......"

The ensiform cartilage is the point where the two ribcages meet - the highest point. What Dr Brown is saying is the knife was thrust upwards under the cartilage in the direction of the throat.

Both the Times & Morning Post limit their details to merely: "The walls of the abdomen were laid open from the breast downwards.."

It strikes me as another case where professionals have not troubled themselves to read the actual material evidence.
    Last edited by Wickerman; 04-18-2021, 10:19 PM.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Dr Brown testified at the Eddowes inquiry:

"....The front walls were laid open from the breastbone to the pubes. The cut commenced opposite the ensiform cartilage, the incision went upwards not penetrating the skin that was over the sternum - it then divided the ensiform cartilage......"

The ensiform cartilage is the point where the two ribcages meet - the highest point. What Dr Brown is saying is the knife was thrust upwards under the cartilage in the direction of the throat.

Both the Times & Morning Post limit their details to merely: "The walls of the abdomen were laid open from the breast downwards.."

It strikes me as another case where professionals have not troubled themselves to read the actual material evidence.
      I'm no medical expert, but I read Brown's observations as the knife commencing from the pubes up to the breastbone. Am I confused?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

I'm no medical expert, but I read Brown's observations as the knife commencing from the pubes up to the breastbone. Am I confused?
        I couldn't say, I would assume you know where the ensiform cartilage is, so perhaps you can explain how you read those words?
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
        X