No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper Plaque?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Jack the Ripper: A Suspect Guide - Reginald Saunderson
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

I re-read the court proceedings last night. Saunderson wasn't in Ireland in 1888; he already appears to have been staying at the institution in Hampton Wick, which is referred to as "Eastcote." There is also at least one reference to him sometimes lodging outside the institution.

The link above doesn't give the whole story. Yes, he was arrested in Belfast, but he escaped police custody and was arrested again in Killeshandra, west of Cavan. The UK Census shows that he was still 'safely caged' in Broadmoor in 1901 and 1911.

Comment

Do you have a link to the court proceedings, rj?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
          Do you have a link to the court proceedings, rj?
          Hi Joshua.

Old Bailey On-Line has an entry on Saunderson, but since he was found unfit to plead it is minimal, so I had to rely on the inquest reports and pre-trial hearings from newspaper sources. I started a new thread under "suspects," with a long article from Reynolds that includes a sketch. More tomorrow. Cheers.

Comment

Do we know who actually lived in that building between 1891 and 1899?
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              Does anyone know anything about this?

https://ibb.co/T4tct12
              I got "This page does not exist" message when trying that link, Herlock.

"Dr. S.S.A. Hasbro, surgeon and restauranteur" is a humorous sobriquet. I'll be surprised if the plaque is still there now.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

I got "This page does not exist" message when trying that link, Herlock.

"Dr. S.S.A. Hasbro, surgeon and restauranteur" is a humorous sobriquet. I'll be surprised if the plaque is still there now.
                Hi Pat,

I deleted all of my imggb photos sorry.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Hi Joshua.

Old Bailey On-Line has an entry on Saunderson, but since he was found unfit to plead it is minimal, so I had to rely on the inquest reports and pre-trial hearings from newspaper sources. I started a new thread under "suspects," with a long article from Reynolds that includes a sketch. More tomorrow. Cheers.
                  Many thanks, I'll have a good read.

Now we can go back to the craic about Jack's plaque!

Comment

I just checked and this plaque is still there. Who was Hasbro?
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                    X