Are We Correct To Use The Word Suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Its not a waste of time for those who want to look at this as a modern day cold case review. It is a waste of time for those who don't believe there is a difference between a suspect and a person of interest.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    Calling someone a person of interest instead of a suspect in absolutely no way affects how we look at these crimes. This is childishly obvious. You’ve embarked on this pointless quest purely and simply because you are trying, in some way, to demote or relegate Druitt as a suspect. Your motive is as plain as a pikestaff.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Isn't the object of sites like this to consider the known information of the Whitechapel murders.How can we start with a consideration of guilt? Isn't it a fact that the murders were investigated back in 1888,and that officers engaged in the investigation declared there were no suspects? Do we know better than them?
      Suspect to me,is someone that can be directly connected to a crime.Who can be directly connected to any of the Whitechapel murders? No one.The evidence needed
      doesn't exist.Is drowning oneself evidence.It might be if a confession was made by that person.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
        Isn't the object of sites like this to consider the known information of the Whitechapel murders.How can we start with a consideration of guilt? Isn't it a fact that the murders were investigated back in 1888,and that officers engaged in the investigation declared there were no suspects? Do we know better than them?
        Suspect to me,is someone that can be directly connected to a crime.Who can be directly connected to any of the Whitechapel murders? No one.The evidence needed
        doesn't exist.Is drowning oneself evidence.It might be if a confession was made by that person.
        I understand that Harry but all I’m saying is - if we took all of the candidates that we’ve named as suspect and called them persons of interest, what difference would it make to anything? Individuals are free to do that if they want to. We all know which suspects/persons of interest that we give any credence to or not, as the case may be. This is the crux of the argument. Changing will make absolutely no difference to how we as individuals or as a group view the case.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
        X