X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book Claims the Ripper Was a Woman

c.d.

Hi,
    It is not a popular theory , however the idea of the killer being a female might explain why the police believed that Kelly's velvet jacket, and possibly Mrs Harvey's bonnet, were burnt because they were bloodstained, is it not possible that the killer disregarded her own clothing, and wore Mary's, during the duration of the murder?
    Many doubts will be raised about that conclusion, however we should not forget that on the night in question a well dressed woman, and a poorly dressed hatless woman, were seen near Millers court, albeit with a man, there was also a press report that Kelly let her room to a woman that night, also we know that Mary allowed sleepovers, so it is not inconceivable that another woman emerged on the scene..
    We would of course have to discard Hutchinson's account, but what's new there?, even if his account was true, it would not stop Kelly from being visited by a woman between 8am-9am on the 9TH.
    All tongue in cheek , but why did the police believe the killer burnt clothing because they were bloodstained? was the killer wearing Kelly's jacket, and bonnet, and the lighting of a fire has all the hallmarks of a female touch.
    Regards Richard.

Comment

Hi all,
      And could explain the femail witness ( whos name escapes me just now ) who claims she saw Kelly being sick on the same morning.

Regards.

Comment

Hi,
        You mean the much discussed Mrs Maxwell..however I doubt if she was mistaken by clothing, she claims to have known the victim, and had a conversation with her, and called each other by name.
        But that does not rule out a female either in room 13, or one about to converse with Mary Kelly.
        Regards Richard.

Comment

That would explain motivation. Everyone knows that a woman has that 'time of the month' when it would've been best to avoid her altogether.

Comment

Somewhat irregular cycle though!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
              ...the lighting of a fire has all the hallmarks of a female touch.
              Regards Richard.
              The Mammoth Book has the minimum temperature as 3 degrees C that night. A bit nippy by most people's standards. No other explanation for the fire is necessary.

Best wishes,
              Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
                The Mammoth Book has the minimum temperature as 3 degrees C that night. A bit nippy by most people's standards. No other explanation for the fire is necessary.

Best wishes,
                Steve.
                3 degrees C = 37.4 degrees F, and it was raining. I'd say darn cold. Thanks for that info. A fire on a night like that is normal.

However, question is do you think Mjk started it or Jtr?

"...and the lighting of a fire has all the hallmarks of a female touch."

Personally I don't see how starting a fire in a fireplace is feminine. In fact I always thought of it as a masculine act.

Comment

Hi,
                  When suggesting it was a feminine touch ,I was merely pointing out that it was a domestic act, not a caveman instinct, implying that the woman of the house in days when coal fires were used universal, was most likely to lay fire places etc.
                  I am not disputing that it was not cold enough for a fire, and I believe that Kelly lit the fire , but at what time.?
                  Both Blotchy, and Mr A,were wearing overcoats, especially the latter, who was well dressed for the weather,although the term used by MJK when addressing Mr A,'' You will be comfortable '' might imply that she lit a fire on returning to the room, which would suggest, that he was not only her killer,but also used clothing to fuel .
                  However my whole point is 'Why did the police believe items of clothing were burnt because of bloodstains, and why did they consider that the murder took place in daylight[ not in context of firelight].
                  Although it goes against practical thinking, a woman being responsible has certain merit.
                  Regards Richard.

Comment

Fires take a while to get going so I would guess that Mary had already lit it when she told A. man he would be comfortable. I don't think a horny 'John' would have been too impressed by Mary taking him back to her room and proceeding to mess about lighting a fire. Pure guesswork of course.

Best wishes,
                    Steve.

PS On the other hand, if Mary was out soliciting when she met A. man, would she have wasted fuel (and therefore money) heating an empty room? Possibly, I suppose if she was confident of an early return.
                    Last edited by Steven Russell; 05-14-2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

What nonsense, saying lighting a fire is a female thing. My Grandad born 1895, ALWAYS laid and lit the fire everyday, and cleared the ashes and cleaned the shoes.
                      They were his household chores. Nana did the cooking and cleaning.
                      To this day I can lay a very good fire, I learnt by watching him.
                      I lived with them till I was about 10, coal fires, no central heating.

Men then were more useful, DIY, fixing bicyles, cars etc, Cant get my son to turn the washing machine on.
                      Miss Marple
                      Last edited by miss marple; 06-06-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

To go back to the original subject of the thread -I think that it is nigh on impossible that the killer was a woman as these are clearly crimes where the murderer posed as a prostitute's client to get the victim alone, for one thing.
                        They are sexual crimes and there was a degree of superior force needed to overcome the victim.
                        http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Don't start with the discredited 'common sense' approach madam retro, it wont work here.

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple
                            What nonsense, saying lighting a fire is a female thing.
                            My good woman! Are you suggesting that Jim Morrison was singing to a MAN?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Jim Morrison could have lit my fire anyday eons ago, but seriously the whole jackwas awoman thing is so desperate, its beyond parody.

Miss Marple

Comment

Working...
                              X