No announcement yet.

Prostitutes & aprons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that Mary Kelly's apron was always spotless, whereas that of Kate Eddowes was so dirty, it wasn't easy to tell that it had originally been white. She may have had rent arrears, but MJK does seem to have been a cut above (sorry!) the rest of them in some ways.

Regards, Bridewell.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
      Interesting that Mary Kelly's apron was always spotless, whereas that of Kate Eddowes was so dirty, it wasn't easy to tell that it had originally been white. She may have had rent arrears, but MJK does seem to have been a cut above (sorry!) the rest of them in some ways.

Regards, Bridewell.
      I think Eddowes hopping exhibition is the reason why her apron was in such a state.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

So she has a speech defect and Kelly's a bit deaf anyway...

I'm going shopping she says

And Kelly says yes dear, and takes himself off to Kent to buy some new boots...well it's a theory!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post

Regards, Bridewell.
          We seem to have a slight possibility that Kelly was into laundry, given Mrs Harvey's story & that large tub(?) underneath her bed.
          Who knows....

Regards, Jon S.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

You cold also have pockets in your apron, where small items could be secreted.
            Barry Pain the Victorian humorist and author of the very funny Eliza stories, wrote some stories about a charwoman called Mrs Murphy, who gained small victories over her patronising, thoughtless employers. She wore a large apron with hidden pockets, where she hid matches and pieces of soap, she said she had not bought matches for years.
            These stories are about 1910
            Miss Marple

Comment

Working...
            X