To shoot Morris ?

Amitiés,
    David
    To shoot Jack, of course.

Best wishes,
    Hunter
    Best Wishes,
    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Hi Curious,

Maybe they realized that she fit the victim profile and decided to follow her from the station and see what happened or perhaps a plainclothes cop just saw her talking to a suspicious man and decided to pursue.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        Hi Curious,

Maybe they realized that she fit the victim profile and decided to follow her from the station and see what happened or perhaps a plainclothes cop just saw her talking to a suspicious man and decided to pursue.
        and then they blew it. How sad for Eddowes.

What makes you think this is a possibility?

So, the 30 minutes or so of unexplained time is JtR eluding her following policeman?

Thanks,

curious

Comment

schedule

Hello Curious.

"So, the 30 minutes or so of unexplained time is JtR eluding her following policeman?"

Well, he could have popped round home to get the other knife--the one used on Kate. That could take awhile.

The best.
          LC

Comment

It fits better than any other explanations I've seen. I'm open to be convinced otherwise. My suspicion is that Eddowes might have even been in on the plan. Eddowes' guard could have been down thinking that her backup was near to protect her.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              It fits better than any other explanations I've seen. I'm open to be convinced otherwise. My suspicion is that Eddowes might have even been in on the plan. Eddowes' guard could have been down thinking that her backup was near to protect her.
              but what a coincidence that JtR chooses the very woman the police pick for him!

I have a problem wrapping my mind around that.

UNLESS, the police knew that JtR was killing snitches and that made her more likely to be a target.

Otherwise, with all the prostitutes in that area, how in the world did the police get lucky enough to choose the very one Jack would also choose?

curious

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
                but what a coincidence that JtR chooses the very woman the police pick for him!

curious
                Hi Curious,

That JtR chose the very woman the police picked for him, and that the police were unable to protect her, would be, indeed, an Ouuuuuuuutlandish Koincidence!

Amitiés,
                David

Comment

Jack would have to have known before Eddowes' death that she had "snitched" on him. He'd have had to know, on the night of her death, that she'd been arrested and taken to the Bishopsgate police station. He'd then had to have headed for Bishopsgate police station, hoping she hadn't been released in the meantime, and waited around for her to emerge. Once she had emerged, he'd had to have followed her, and waited around half an hour to proposition her at Church Passage.

The idea that the tale that Eddowes "knew something" was connected to her death requires a whole heap of preconditions to be satisfied, only some of which I've indicated above, and none of which strike me as particularly likely. To my mind, the whole idea is a non-starter - I mean, we don't even know that she actually said "I think I know who he is" in the first place.
                  Last edited by Sam Flynn; 12-28-2009, 02:30 AM.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hello all

Now, the scenario is plausible. But it would make far better sense to me that Kate was being watched BECAUSE she was a snitch, and followed again after her release.

That is more logical isnt it?

best wishes

Phil
                    Last edited by Phil Carter; 12-28-2009, 02:54 AM.
                    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                    Accountability? ....

Comment

If the police were any good they would have been watching many prostitutes over many nights whether they knew it or not so coincidence wouldn't be a factor. Sooner or later he was likely to choose one and that was Eddowes whether she was baiting or not.

If an undercover cop saw Eddowes talking to a suspicious man, he wouldn't have tried to follow them?
                      Last edited by sdreid; 12-28-2009, 03:56 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi,
                        For many years I have believed the possiblity that Eddowes was followed from the station, either by design, or en-route to Mitre Square, proberly the latter.
                        let me try this scenerio.
                        Eddowes had been drinking in a pub in Aldgate, and someone had piled her full of booze, with intentions to gain her trust to go with him somewhere quieter later.
                        Realizing the time was getting late, she wanders outside in the air, unseen by her supplier, and falls down very drunk, a local policeman appoaches her, and she is transported to the nick.
                        She will be released after midnight, someone cries out, it is the policy to spare them the morning fine.
                        Her drink supplier knowing this to be a possibility, takes vigil near the station around midnight, and sure enough sees Eddowes leave the door at 1am, as she turns to close the door she sees her drink friend , and walks left , instead of right, some distance down the road , a plain clothes officer observes the couple and decides to follow at a discreit distance, but unfortunately loses sight of them at mitre square when they they were standing at the entrance to church passage.
                        The officer then attempts to seek the help of Bleinkensop, the night watchman in Orange place, and asks if he has seen'A man and woman pass'?,
                        But it was to late, minutes later Kate was lying in the square,
                        Naturally this speculation , would exclude Stride as a victim, but whats new in that?
                        Regards Richard.

Comment

Hello Richard,

Happy New Year!

Yes, I believe that to be very plausible indeed.

best wishes

Phil
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                          Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi Phil,
                            And a great new year to you
                            Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                              Hi,
                              For many years I have believed the possiblity that Eddowes was followed from the station, either by design, or en-route to Mitre Square, proberly the latter.
                              let me try this scenerio.
                              Eddowes had been drinking in a pub in Aldgate, and someone had piled her full of booze, with intentions to gain her trust to go with him somewhere quieter later.
                              Realizing the time was getting late, she wanders outside in the air, unseen by her supplier, and falls down very drunk, a local policeman appoaches her, and she is transported to the nick.
                              She will be released after midnight, someone cries out, it is the policy to spare them the morning fine.
                              Her drink supplier knowing this to be a possibility, takes vigil near the station around midnight, and sure enough sees Eddowes leave the door at 1am, as she turns to close the door she sees her drink friend , and walks left , instead of right, some distance down the road , a plain clothes officer observes the couple and decides to follow at a discreit distance, but unfortunately loses sight of them at mitre square when they they were standing at the entrance to church passage.
                              The officer then attempts to seek the help of Bleinkensop, the night watchman in Orange place, and asks if he has seen'A man and woman pass'?,
                              But it was to late, minutes later Kate was lying in the square,
                              Naturally this speculation , would exclude Stride as a victim, but whats new in that?
                              Regards Richard.
                              I agree. Very plausible.

curious

Comment

If there was a connection with the killer to the police station that would eliminate Stride, otherwise it wouldn't.
                                Last edited by sdreid; 01-15-2010, 03:20 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X