Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's the comedian ?

Hi all,
    I heard this morning on radio five a comedian who said that he conducts ripper tours twice a week, and that his tours cover every murder sight. He is in his words " a ripper nerd " and knows his stuff. I did'nt catch all of it and so wonder if anyone can tell me who this guy is?
    Thanks in advance.

A comedian who does ripper tours?

Sounds like Dr John Pope-de-Locksley.

Comment

Well Dave Gorman lives in the area of Spitalfields, seen him around a few times.

I have heard that Simon Pegg has been on a few tours as he is researching for a film where he plays a tour guide. I've also heard because of that he is very interested in the case now.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hi again,
        Have been trowling the internet, and have found the guy in question.
        His name is Andrew ONeil accult comedian, he states his tours are part serious and part comedy...check his web site, it looks quite good.

Comment

Hello Spyglass. A comedian AND Ripperologist?

Hmm, so that's what Gareth Williams is doing these days?

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Hmmm. I'd be suspicious of any tour that claims to cover every murder site. Very few make it to Henriques Street, for example, and I would be disappointed if it didn't include the north end of Gunthorpe Street. Others might favour visiting the areas associated with McKenzie and Coles. The tour is now turning into a hike.

Nichol's site alone would add a fair distance and anyone who includes Catherine Mylett in the list would want to go out to Poplar. The hike would now be a trek.

Best not to offer more than one can deliver.

Comment

He did sound genuine, and adamant that he really did do all the sights. I am guessing though he only ment the five canonical sights. and he did say that he wasnt a blue badge qualified guide, but added humour on the way around that included a 13 year old Winston Churchill as a good suspect.

Comment

PS, I meant and should have said occult comedian and not accult.

Comment

What's an occult comedian? Do all his jokes die?

Comment

Lechmere!!
                    Yes...just like yours has !!

Comment

Any tour that includes all of the C5 sites could easily throw in Martha Tabram without much extra effort. If it's comedy you want included though, there is plenty to be found with Phil Hutchinson, and you can also be sure the facts will be spot-on.

Comment

Working...
                      X