Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper Book Recommendations

Hi Ripper Droogs!

Bit of a Newb on the Casebook site, but been a keen Ripper buff for many years. However looking at the Messageboards last night i have obviously missed a lot of recent theories (Stride not jtr victim)

The last Ripper book i read was Cornwell's comedy about Sickert. So in light of this and me missing a lot, can anyone recommend a good recent Ripper book/s. Ive always been a Royal Conspiricey-est but happy to go with anything!

thanks

Chris

Alex

I think you'll find plenty of recommendations on Casebook already if you look in the "Books" forum.

There is, I think, now a recognised "library" of reference books:

Sugden - a narrative written by an academic of repute and very reliable (bar the suspect bit at the end);

The Ultimate JtR Sourcebook - all the archives from Kew in printed form. "Letter from Hell" covers the correspondence.

Stuart Evans - Scotland Yard Investigates

Several books by Paul Begg are pretty reliable and readable.

Don Rumbleow - "The Complete JtR" old now but still good.

The A-Z recently republished will bring you up-to-date on most things.

Also read the threads and disssertations here.

AP Wolf wrote a book called The Anatomy of a Myth which is I think available free on this site. That seeks to dismiss Stride as a "Jack" victim - not that that is yet anything like an accepted view.

The "royal" conspiracy is now pretty much a dead duck.

Current theories revolve around Kosminski (a new book by Rob House is excellent on this - there is a thread) and Le Grand (much research being done with interesting results).

I'll end there so as not to bore you.

Phil

Comment

Thanks Phil! I never spotted the Books thread. I'll trawl through it now, but appreciate your recommendations!

Comment

Hi Alex

I am in the processing of selling by book collection.

If you can not find any you want through the usual sources, I expect i have got them.

You can email me at coralkelly52@gmail.com

Coral

Comment

Thanks Coral!

my name is Chris by the way! But im happy with either!

Comment

Working...
          X