Danilo Restivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danilo Restivo

I've been waiting for someone to mention the murder case which was in the news yesterday. An italian named Daniel Restivo was in court for the horrific murder of Heather Barnet (t ?). (google him)

It was especially interesting because after bludgeoning the woman to death,
    Restivo mutilated her body by cutting off her breasts and placing them under her head (reported in the Daily Mail, but not mentioned in the Guardian).
    He also left the woman with her trousers and knickers pulled down, but hadn't sexually assaulted her. He had a fetish about cutting women's hair without permission, and he had left a 'signature' of an unknown woman's hair at the crime scene, placed in the victim's hand.

Well, Jack didn't 'do' hair -but apart from that , it seems quite familiar.

The reported facts about Restivo seem fairly sparse, but I was interested in certain details :
    -He came from elsewhere, but had been living in the locality since 2004,
    without doing more than stalking women and cutting their hair without permission.
    -He had already murdered a woman in Italy 9 years prior, for which he wasn't caught. So he was able to stop.
    -He was married or living with someone (press reports disagree), so he was able to sustain a relationship with the opposite sex. Indeed, he had met his partner on the internet, so he was articulate enough.
    -He lived opposite the victim, so he was a neighbour and acquaintance, but not a friend.
    -He knew the woman had young children who would arrive home from school to discover their mother's mutilated body. 'By coincidence' he arrived home with his girlfriend at the same time, and so he 'comforted' the children (or enjoyed the horrified reactions to the body, whilst being helpful ?).
    -He was bound to be interviewed by the Police by being the first adult on the scene.

PS It wasn't lost on me that a man with a hair fetsh killed a woman named 'Barnet' -even though she had short unremarkable hair. Is it pure coincidence ?
    Last edited by Rubyretro; 05-18-2011, 07:06 PM.
    http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ
Working...
X