Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• date Whitehall torso was found? confused

Hi again I swear I am going to drive you guys insane with questions

At this link (which is the one I am currently reading)

The date the torso was found isn't very clear to me. I know casebook has the victim date of 3 oct 1888. News articles publish it as 2 oct 1888. I know the date of the inquest is 8oct 1888.

The arm was found after the torso if I am reading correctly but then Moore and Williams both say they found the arm on Sept 11.

If this is correct that would mean the torso was found before Sept 11? Bond testifies the woman had been dead 6-8 weeks. I am trying to establish a VERY general idea of date of death for this poor woman.

Has anyone found out why the discrepancies with the dates or are Moore and Williams both mistaken? Maybe I am understanding it incorrectly?

I messed the link up somehow
    I am going to try to do it again but if I mess it up once more I am trying to link the inquest report for the Whitehall case to this post so should be easy to find.

http://www.casebook.org/official_doc...whitehall.html

Comment

oops nevermind ~ ima dummy
      I was misreading it

The arm was found first but the inquest was established due to the torso being found, not the arm. It read kind of funny to me in that right in the middle of the torso testimonies jumped in the arm ones.

Comment

Originally posted by praline View Post
        oops nevermind ~ ima dummy
        I was misreading it

The arm was found first but the inquest was established due to the torso being found, not the arm. It read kind of funny to me in that right in the middle of the torso testimonies jumped in the arm ones.
        You need to sort out your body parts, praline. Glad you have solved the problem.

Chris
        Christopher T. George
        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
          You need to sort out your body parts, praline. Glad you have solved the problem.

Chris
          So hubby keeps telling me

Honestly, I think I tried to take too much in at once. I spent lots of time reading over everything without taking long breaks to contemplate what it was I read in great depth. By the time I posted that I think my eyes were blurred over and I wasn't absorbing to any great measure what it was I was reading

So I am taking a break for a couple days and am going to start again .. slower so as to make sure I don't miss anything or speed read through the important parts.

Comment

Working...
          X