Keep Your Wiki Trimmed and Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Your Wiki Trimmed and Burning

This thread will be for the discussion of Casebook Wiki related items, specifically suggestions for updates, new posts, and help needed or help wanted.

I have been very gratified by the initial response. Some changes should start rolling this coming week. Keep the cards and letters coming to Wiki@casebook.org.

Thanks!
    Managing Editor
    Casebook Wiki

Wiki 101

If you want to become a Wiki contributor, there are a few steps to follow.

1) Create a Wiki account.

2) The Wiki software doesn’t email me when a new user registers, so you then need to tell me you have registered and what user name you are using.

3)I can then give you “Bureaucrat” rights (!!) and you will be able to edit the Wiki or create new articles.
    Managing Editor
    Casebook Wiki

Comment

Before diving in and editing, you'll probably want to give this a gander:

and then you can explain it to me.....
      Managing Editor
      Casebook Wiki

Comment

Mr. Jack Keith was kind enough to update/edit the Wiki article on Frances Coles yesterday.

You can find it here :

If anyone wants to make further additions, please chime in. I can be reached here at the Casebook at Wiki@casebook.org or via the Forums if you need access.

One thing we'll also be wanting is a review/reviewers of Carrotty Nell as well. Jack has informed me an updated edition is due out early next year.
        Managing Editor
        Casebook Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Robert Anderson View Post
          Mr. Jack Keith was kind enough to update/edit the Wiki article on Frances Coles yesterday.
          It would of course be helpful if I spelled Mr. Keefe's name correctly.
          Managing Editor
          Casebook Wiki

Comment

Courtesy of Trevor Bond , the Casebook Wiki Book Review section is now open for business.

Submissions and content are sought for three categories:

Non-Fiction Books

Fiction Books

Periodicals
            Managing Editor
            Casebook Wiki

Comment

Section "Previous misconceptions" for wiki articles

A non-expert's proposal: some wiki articles such as those about suspects and victims could feature a section titled "Previous misconceptions", so that Ripper-students can find at a glance the information that has been superseded by research but which can be found in otherwise reputable older publications. This section would indicate such publications and also the pieces of research which have rectified the misconceptions.

Even an article titled "Common misconceptions" which collects the most widespread misconceptions about all the aspects of the case might be useful.
              Last edited by eclectic browser; 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Just a heads-up: the wiki entry for John Sunders Reeves has been updated with new biographical information. Not much, but it corrects his date of birth for starters.

JB

Comment

Working...
                X