Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News thread

Hello Casebook,

I have thought of this idea before and now wish to give it a test run.

I think it would be proper to create a thread devoted to sharing newpapers clippings from around the world related to the Ripper Crimes and their history. Any may contribute, with no rules aside from they have to be related to the murder(s), suspect(s), and history pertaining to these events, including the 'torso killings'.

I hope this may amount to a wealth of knowledge for those intersted in contributing. PLease, if you do state the source of the article, and the run date.

Hope this works, please help contribute.

Here is the first.

A man was later found to be a Hungarian pork butcher named Sczestowitz, who may have been responsible for these murders.

I found this is Colonist, Volume XLII, Issue 9609, 14 October 1899, Page 3

Interesting.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by corey123; 11-21-2010, 08:42 PM.
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Another interesting entry, in December of 1888. This shows how this murder series truly was the first to reach all corners of the world.

Te Aroha News, Volume VI, Issue 321, 1 December 1888, Page 3
    Attached Files
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Eight Murders!

This interesting peice, details about eight murders in California. Perhaps another serial killer?

Evening Post, Volume LXIII, Issue 46, 22 February 1902, Page 5
      Attached Files
      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Found in the Paterson Daily Press, Feb 6, 1889.
        Attached Files
        Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Found this in the Grey River Argus, Volume XXXVII, Issue 6374, 25 February 1889, Page 4
          Attached Files
          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

This is the last page of that article. Forgive me for I had to reduce the picture size to 800x800.

It may be a bit blurry.

Edit: too small to read. If anyone knows how to enlarge it and post it feel welcome to. My apologies.
            Attached Files
            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Announcment

As I am sure many will find out. Whether or not any wish to participate in this, I shall be posting at least one news article a day. I have limited resources however, and greatly wish for those who wish to, that they contribute.
              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
              X