a frame of reference observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Is it fair to say, then, that we are due for a Copernican revolution in Ripper studies?
    Sounds good to me.
    Sounds good to me too, Lynn.

...But didn't Galileo get himself charged with the crime of Heresy for courageously following the bold new ideas of Copernicus?

Yikes.

Cheers,
    Archaic

Comment

Hello Archaic,
      Like C.D. said in post 6, "sometimes there is a price to be paid." More than one person has found themselves on a pile of burning sticks for saying "ummmm, I think your full of crap!" That being said, the Norse idea of heaven is a hall full of brave souls. Where would we be if we all just went along because we might get picked on for not going along? Despite the claims of some on this site, I do not see a ripper inquisition. What I do see is a large body of clever folks who demand a well supported and thought out argument before they will consider breaking orthodoxy, and a much smaller group who will never break orthodoxy even if the ripper himself were to appear and say it was not so. Either way, I am not afraid of flaming pyre near as much as being in a mindless mob. Dave
      We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

good sense

Hello Bunny. Right. But Copernicus had the good sense to shut up until on his death bed.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

If every Whitechapel unfortunate had been given Copernicus, the sex maniac's weapon might not have penetrated.

I think I just took a step backwards - or was it forwards?

Love,

Coming & Going Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Attention all unfortunates: Beware of men with astrolabes! Dave
            We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Working...
            X