Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Cullen's book titles and other book matters

Hulo all,
    I have just noticed that what I previously thought were 3 ripper books that I owned by Tom Cullen-

When london walked in terror
    The crimes and times of JTR
    Autumn of terror.

Are all in fact the same book!

Does this book exist in any other guises?

Does anyone know why he kept releasing the book with different names?

And whilst we are on the subject of JTR books does anyone have a list of every JTR book written in english, please? I also read of late that the first ripper book was a Danish language book published in 1911, I disremember the authors name. Has this book been translated into english?

Thanks for your time,

doris

oh another thing I have been wondering about concerning JTR stuff is do the facsimilies of the letter and postcard that police stations displayed, the police posters seeking John Pizer, the police posters asking for JTR info, or similar official communications ever come up for sale? And if they do what do people pay for them?
    Last edited by doris; 03-16-2010, 11:41 PM.
    ..."(this is my literary discovery and is copyright protected)"...

Cullen's book has a lot more than three titles if you count all the translations. Look here. I imagine the changes are due to publishers picking titles they hope will sell.

I think this is the Danish book you had in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
      Cullen's book has a lot more than three titles if you count all the translations. Look here. I imagine the changes are due to publishers picking titles they hope will sell.

I think this is the Danish book you had in mind.
      great stuff, thanks alot mate.
      I see that Cullen's book has many different titles, in other languages. But at the moment I think I will just try to collect every factual JTR book in English.

I would like to know how many more books I need to get, at the moment I have around fifty. I seem to recall reading that there are 130 odd books, but I wonder if that number includes re-issues with different titles, like Cullen' book/s.

doris

Comment

There are two major JtR bibliographies, this one and this one.

As you can see, they are both somewhat out of date. After 1999, you have to rely on this website and sources such as Amazon to identify newer JtR titles. (BTW, 130 books sounds a little low to me.)

Comment

good grief!
          there are ripper books published about the ripper books published.

And I was hoping you would say "130? piffle, there are only about 60"

Iam off to amazon with my credit card. Again.

thanks mucker

doris

Comment

Working...
          X