Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a whitechapel map, please.

hullo chaps,
    I need a whitechapel map file, one that either has an enormous D.P.I., or is in a vector format.

When printed it will be 1 metre high and 2 or 3 metres wide.

Does anyone here posses such a file, or could they help me find one?

Thanks

doris

and how does one submit dissertations to the site, please?
    Last edited by doris; 03-12-2010, 02:11 AM.
    ..."(this is my literary discovery and is copyright protected)"...

Well, you can do it the long expensive way---download files, go to an oversized printer, etc...

The easiest way--the way I did my map--(hey, that's another thing for "If you think you are a Ripperologist" list--if you have oversized maps of Whitechapel in tacked to your office wall--I used mine to replace my oversized map of Dealey Plaza)--print it out 8.5x11(I am doing the american sized sheet of paper) or 11x17(again, standard american)and go to someplace like Kinkos, and have it blown up. I would, though, leave your top hat, black cape, and liston knife, in the car...

Comment

Thanks for your help, but if I get a normal map blown up to the size I want (1 by 3 metres) it will look dreadful unless it is vector graphics or an enormous file.

And yes I can see it should be an are you a ripperologist question.

DO you want a whitechapel map which fills the entire wall in your ripper research office!

doris
      ..."(this is my literary discovery and is copyright protected)"...

Comment

Originally posted by Gman992 View Post
        Well, you can do it the long expensive way---download files, go to an oversized printer, etc...

The easiest way--the way I did my map--(hey, that's another thing for "If you think you are a Ripperologist" list--if you have oversized maps of Whitechapel in tacked to your office wall--I used mine to replace my oversized map of Dealey Plaza)--print it out 8.5x11(I am doing the american sized sheet of paper) or 11x17(again, standard american)and go to someplace like Kinkos, and have it blown up. I would, though, leave your top hat, black cape, and liston knife, in the car...
        Good idea. I've been struggling with the map situation a lot lately. This is a reasonable approach. Remembering, of course, to document the source of the original and give credit.
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
        X