Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial kipper research books.

Hullo,

I just noticed that earlier in a post I made the shocking generalisation that serial killers kill people that they find sexually attractive.

I would like to test that theory, is there a book than anyone could reccomend that contains serious serial killer research?

I often read that the FBI profiller chaps are always interviewing serial killers, where could I find their conclusions?

For instance what percentage of s. killers were arsonists, animal abusers, sexually abused, or dropped on their heads?

I feel I need to learn all about s. killers for my ripper research and most s. killer books simply revel in gore and provide very little in the way of hard facts.

doris

ye gods, how does one edit a thread title- 'serial kippers', oops!
    Last edited by doris; 02-10-2010, 02:29 AM.
    ..."(this is my literary discovery and is copyright protected)"...

Doris,

You can go under the FBI home page and read their booklets on their research into various serial killers. They are shown under the tital of the "Freedom of Information Act"(Insert serial killer/rapist/arsonist name here or alias).

For serial killer profiling, I have a good book called "Criminal Shadows" by Dr.David Cantar, professor of psychology at Liverpool.

Or your could type in serial killers in amazon and browse.

Many books on crime.
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

thanks corey, I just ordered the book you suggested for 2 pounds.

doris

Comment

Doris,

It is a good book. He uses "Jack the Ripper" as an example quite a bit. He was the psychologist who profiled the "Diary" of James Maybrick.

He helped in the capture of John Duffy A.K.A the "Railway rapists" and other serial offinders.

He talks a good deal about serial rapists and serial killers. He talks about the FBI and their methods vrs. his and his various cases he has worked on. He speaks alot on psychological vrs. geographical profiling and so on.

Great book.

Yours truly
        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Dr. David Canter thinks the Ripper was Maybrick, so proceed with caution.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Doris you're quick on the book ordering front, three minutes from being told to answering that you had ordered the book must be some kind of record !!!

all the best

Observer
            Last edited by Observer; 02-10-2010, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Tom,

In his book he states that Kosminski is a better, and more logical pick for Jack the Ripper.

Am I mistaken?
              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Doris,

I have some good Ripper books that are worth mentioning on here.

If you don't already have them:

1)The Jack the Ripper A-Z(A must)
                2)The complete Jack the Ripper(Donald Rumblelow)
                3)The news from Whitechapel: "Jack the Ripper" in the Dialy Telegraph
                4)"Jack the Ripper":The casebook(Richard Jones, I recommend this for the facsimiles)

Yours truly
                Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

actually as soon as I became interested I bought-

the complete history of the jack the ripper by phillip sugden, which I think is amazing and I have read it 4 times since I got it a week ago.

jack the ripper the facts by paul begg, which I have read twice.

the mammoth book of jack the ripper edited by jakubowski and braund, which I have read and is full of crackpot theories.

the complete jack the ripper by donald rumbelow, which is very interesting-it has loads of fascinating background info.

and of course the ripper a to z.

If anyone can think of other books that I need to own I would love to be told about them.

Comment

It's always the last person you expect, Doris
                    Attached Files
                    Dave McConniel

Comment

Hello doris,

Permit me to offer a few titles worth consideration perhaps?

The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook. An illustrated encyclopedia....... Evans and Skinner.

Will the real Mary Kelly? ......Christopher Scott.

The Victims of Jack the Ripper......Neal Stubbings Shelden

Jack the Ripper. Letters From Hell.....Evans and Skinner

East End 1888....William Fishman (Fine background book)

amongst others, I believe these books are worthy of consideration.

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

great stuff, thanks.

I just ordered them all from amazon.

The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook. An illustrated encyclopedia....... Evans and Skinner.
                        5 quid
                        Will the real Mary Kelly? ......Christopher Scott.
                        10 quid
                        The Victims of Jack the Ripper......Neal Stubbings Shelden
                        11 quid and not in stock, but the will deliver when they have it
                        Jack the Ripper. Letters From Hell.....Evans and Skinner
                        6 quid
                        East End 1888....William Fishman (Fine background book)
                        13 quid

thanks again,

doris

Comment

I hope the sourcebook is what I have been thinking is mising from my books.

for instance after I drew a 3d picture of 29 hanbury st and then added in who lived in which room, I wished a book had that info instead,

And then when i added onto my map where every victim had lived in the past (wasn't dorset st popular) I thought the same thing.

Andf I hope it has decent drawings of the injuries, as I have mentioned before here when I read the chapman autops info it left me baffled.

As I have said before my ex-wife always maintained that when a thing interests me I become obssesed with it until iam done with it.
                          In fact that was her main complaint!

Comment

I also hope the mary kelly book is convincing as I was dreading having to go to ireland and look through census and parish records until I found her.

doris

Comment

Doris,

I know a book that may be missing from your collection.

Like I said previously.

News from Whitechapel, "Jack the Ripper" in the Daily Telegraph.

Great research tool.
                              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                              X