What newspaper is the most reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What newspaper is the most reliable?

Hi everyone. Since some of the official JTR records are lost or missing, we often have to turn to newspaper accoutns in order to establish certain "facts" in the case. My question is: what newspapers at the time should be looked upon as being the most reliable and the most verifiable information, and which one should be looked upon as "tabloid trash" rags?

my own personal opinion:

Good-The London Times and The Daily Telegraph

Bad-The Star
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

In my opinion it's best to use as many sources as possible.
    Regards Mike

Comment

The Star, despite its mistakes and attacks "tous azymuts", is essential. At least, it follows its ideas, whereas other papers seem to forget on Tuesday what they have printed on Monday.

Amitiés all,
      David

Comment

Hi JTR

The Times and The Telegraph are both good sources for court cases, law reports, and parliamentry business, they usually quote at length and report accurately so can generally be relied upon.

Newspapers such as The Star and the PMG I find less reliable at times, but they often report more sensational or controversial stories not found in the Times and Telegraph.

Provincial newspapers can also be a useful source for anyone with access to them.

Rgds
        John

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
          In my opinion it's best to use as many sources as possible.
          Hello Mike,

Totally agree.

best wishes

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
          Accountability? ....

Comment

Hello Phil!

I agree with you too;

The information, that matches in various sources, is usually the most reliable!

All the best
            Jukka
            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
            X