No announcement yet.

In the vein of giving thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe no one has yet thanked Philip Hutchinson, who had the good fortune to become a Ripper enthusiast with the same last name as one of the major figures in the story and who has got to be the best and most lively Ripper tour guide working today. He laces his tours with bawdy dark humor- which, let's face it, without which we would otherwise come away horribly depressed. His work as a historian is also stellar, documenting the murder sites so very well. Thanks, Phil. It was my great pleasure to meet you in Sept. 2008.

Comment

In the interest of soothing Mr. Wescott's mind, I would like to thank Tom Wescott for his inability to stay on topic, offer thanks to anyone, and his complete lack of civility. Respectfully Dave
      Last edited by protohistorian; 01-22-2010, 04:14 PM.
      We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
        I would like to thank the many fine scholars who have regularly and generously donated to this site. Thanks to dedicated researchers who have spent of their own time and money to enrich our shared community. Thanks also to the proprietors of casebook for allowing us a space to exchange ideas and research. I ask anyone who reads this and understands what the hell I am on about to respond. Additionally, if there is a special contributor that has helped your understanding, please take this chance to express it. Respectfully Dave
        I also need to thank Sam Flynn. Without the guidance he provided i would still be a ripper dumbass. Ally also deserves some props for keeping us honest. Respectfully Dave

Comment

I would like to thank the Academy...oops....wrong speech.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian
            In the interest of soothing Mr. Wescott's mind, I would like to thank Tom Wescott for his inability to stay on topic, offer thanks to anyone, and his complete lack of civility. Respectfully Dave
            And likewise I'd like to thank prototype for his sense of humor and ability to laugh at himself. And, of course, for his civility. No doughnuts for you, mister.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I don't want to thank any of you people. What has anyone in Ripperology ever done for me!

That Neal Shelden - what has he ever done for me!

And i think Don Souden and Jane Coram are both responsible in some way for my being lazy.

And as for the rest of you - expressing your opinions and theories as well as uncovering and posting facts on a message board about a topic I like and stimulating my mind - why thank you very much indeed.

Who asked you! ?

“be just and fear not”

Comment

Hello all,

I am feeling in a greatful mood. Thanks again to all the casebook, good and bad. And to Stephen and Ally, without them, this website would be non-existent.

Also thanks for the numerous researchers who have made Jack the Ripper a very wide field of study.

And to the friends I have made on here.

Yours truly

p.s Mike, you gonna mail the cent or what?
                Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

I would second that on Phil Hutchinson and Stewart Evans as well. Don't personally know either, but have followed their work for years. I commend their devotion to a subject in which one's work often receives criticism rather than accolades.
                  Best Wishes,
                  Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

I thank Robert McLaughlin.

JM

Comment

I thank both him and you sir, very well done. Without my late night insomnia and your pod casts I never would have made it. Respectfully Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X