Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

invalid, found answer.
    C
    Last edited by chrisjd; 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Hi All

Actually the DVD masters were created in DVD pro Studio and are formatted to play in all regions except China. These masters are being duplicated by Adam for mass production so he may need to know your specific region for that reason.

Any disc you purchase should play on your computer DVD player.

The important piece of information however is the line resolution your TV/DVD player uses.

Different countries use different systems, which is all changing now we go over to HD and Blu Ray.

The old system used a dot that span around your TV screen in lines. Different countries used different numbers of lines. The Americans use a line system called NTSC and the British use a line configuration called PAL. The French have a different number of lines but cannot remember the name.

NTSC has fewer lines than PAL. So the picture quality is not as good. No doubt the French use more lines and have the best quality.

It is probable that if you are in the USA you will require NTSC. And if you are in Europe or UK you will need PAL.

If you are uncertain, I would imagine Australia and New Zealand use PAL, then please contact us in advance and we will find out and try to ensure you get the right discs.

I am putting the NTSC masters in the post to Howard this morning, there all boxed up, and he will check that they are working on American DVD players/TV’s. We think it was the NTSC - PAL problem before not the region format.

Theoretically, American digital systems like Blu Ray should be the same in USA and UK, I’m not certain on this and if anyone has any knowledge it would be welcome.

I noticed when I was digging through my DVD pro menu’s that I can burn with Red or Blue lasers so it might be possible to create DVD’s that play on Blu Ray machines.

If anyone would prefer that format I’m happy to do some tests if you contact me. Obviously this is going to be required by everyone eventually, until the next system.

If you purchase Disc’s we will do everything possible to ensure they work on your DVD, and I’m sure Adam will be happy to refund anyone that is not satisfied. All feedback so far has been very positive.

Yours Jeff

Comment

"...Red or Blue lasers so it might be possible to create DVD’s that play on Blu Ray machines..."

All DVDs should play on BluRay machines, as BluRay is downwards compatible. It's just that blue light is "narrower" than red, so a blue laser gets more info (tighter) on a disc.

Re Europe: All the DVDs I bought in GB play in Germany without a problem.

The french system is SECAM and has the same resolution as PAL. One difference is e.g. the kind of modulation of the signal etc.

C

Comment

Ah, then if I burn the DVD to a standard SD disc, using only he blue laser I should get higher quality on a BluRay player?

Yours Jeff

Comment

Hm, I think Bluray players do some calculation to the resolution and upscale it to near HDTV standard, but it doesn't reach the real HDTV res. Depends on bitrates and proper authoring of the DVD. The better the quality of the DVD the more an upscaler can do.

But someone else might be able to confirm or deny that.

But I think a normal pic and a proper sound are sufficient here.

Christian

Comment

Working...
            X