No announcement yet.

There is no Jack the ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree Jukka, but Michael does not feel that way. He hijacks threads and keeps any kind of constructive discussion from occurring. More to the point he keeps valuable contributors from contributing. There's many posters on the Casebook with wild unworkable theories who otherwise mind their manners. To make matters worse, Michael doesn't even have a working knowledge of the Ripper murders - remarkable considering he's posted here three years. He just likes to hear himself talk and doesn't care about the consequences to the rest of us.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Five Seperate Killers

Considering there were very few murders in Whitechapel in the ten years before 1888 and the probability of there being five seperate killers in one area of London with the same M.O. The scenario of The 1888 Whitechapel murders being down to five seperate killers is highly unlikely

Comment

• Hi John. You must be reply to Simon's posts. He's a harmless eccentric who thinks Scotland Yard was behind the murders or at least covered them up. The general consensus is that the five murders were committed by one killer. A smaller but growing group discount Stride, and a very small contingent believe that both Stride and Kelly were killed by two seperate men from the Ripper, thus bring the killer total to 3.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hello Tom!

I made friends with the Ripper case for the first time in the late 1970s; at the time the Americans were hunting down The Son of Sam and the British The Yorkshire Ripper.

With the latter one there was Jack the Ripper mentioned shortly in a Finnish magazine. Comparing Jack and the Yorkshire man...

I thought "He have to be a policeman!"

My interest stopped for about 20-30 years. My interest really started from this Casebook!

OK, back to the "Cop the Ripper"; these days I find it possible, but pretty unlikely!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
          X