Most ridiculous suspect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post
    Since we've all done speculating on who the Ripper may have been, I was just curious to see who everyone believes to be the most ridiculous suspect ever put forward as being Jack the Ripper. I will provide with my top 3 and see if you all agree or disagree and let me know who you think is the most ridiculous.

1. Lewis Carroll

2. Prince Albert Edward Victor (tied with William Gull)

3. "Jill the Ripper"
    For me, the top 3 most ridiculous suspects are:

1. Lewis Carroll

2. Michael Ostrog

3. Druitt, tied with Walter Sickert.

Two of these came from Sir Melville (I didn't even work there yet) McNaughton's ridiculous list. This man and his opinions can be safely ignored.

I saw a documentary some years back where this guy tried to tie the locations of the murders to some type of pentagram or pentacle. I don't know who his suspect was, because it was so ridiculous that I switched it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holmes' Idiot Brother View Post

For me, the top 3 most ridiculous suspects are:

1. Lewis Carroll

2. Michael Ostrog

3. Druitt, tied with Walter Sickert.

Two of these came from Sir Melville (I didn't even work there yet) McNaughton's ridiculous list. This man and his opinions can be safely ignored.

I saw a documentary some years back where this guy tried to tie the locations of the murders to some type of pentagram or pentacle. I don't know who his suspect was, because it was so ridiculous that I switched it off.

Agreed on Druitt, he comes first in my list of the most ridiculous suspects, followed by Lechmere, a man who was framed to be the Ripper and the Torso killer based solely on the fact that he found the body of a single victim on his way to work.

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Agreed on Druitt, he comes first in my list of the most ridiculous suspects, followed by Lechmere, a man who was framed to be the Ripper and the Torso killer based solely on the fact that he found the body of a single victim on his way to work.

The Baron
        While I agree that Lechmere is an unlikely suspect, at least we can actually place him on the scene; that cannot be said of anyone else. But where they got Druitt from....! McNaughten couldn't even get the man's profession right, let alone give a good reason for putting him on that list. If you want a good laugh, read "Jack The Ripper, Light Hearted Friend," by Richard Wallace. But get it at the library because I would hate to see him profit any further from his drivel. Same with the pathological Patricia Cornwell's book and character assassination of Walter Sickert!

Comment

• 1. Maybrick .

2. Druitt.

3. Lechmere.
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Ostrog, Prince Albert Victor, Thomas Cream, and I believe Vincent Van Gogh can all be proven to have been somewhere else at the time of the murders, so there's zero chance that it was any of them. Other than those four, Joseph Merrick, Queen Victoria, the Churchills, Lewis Carroll, Arthur Conan Doyle, Helena Blavatsky, William Gladstone, and William Gull could all take the title for most ridiculous suspect.

Comment

• That Louis Diemschutz anarchic conspiracy nonsense.
              O have you seen the devle
              with his mikerscope and scalpul
              a lookin at a Kidney
              With a slide cocked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tani View Post
                That Louis Diemschutz anarchic conspiracy nonsense.
                Technically that's not a suspect, but it is complete nonsene.
                "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Tani View Post
                  That Louis Diemschutz anarchic conspiracy nonsense.
                  You mean like the Lechmere conspiracy nonsense?

Comment

• Merrick is far and away the most ridiculous name ever mentioned in conjunction with the Ripper murders.

It is statistically more likely that Stride cut her own throat, Chapman was murdered by a 14 year old and Kelly was actually a Russian Jew.

Merrick was not the Ripper

RD
                    "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Working...
                    X