In the name of honesty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ally View Post
    Well seeing as how I've read the rules quite thoroughly, you might want to peruse them as well and I think you'll notice there's nothing in them about naughty words getting you banned.
    Excellent news! So here goes... "pee, po, belly, bum, drawers"

I feel liberated, somehow.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Carlin

Hello Sam. Watching George Carlin clips again?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        "pee, po, belly, bum, drawers"
        I never thought that I should see language such as this on Casebook. I shall immediately cancel my subscription. Knickers!

General Sir Malcolm Hepplewhite-Smythe (Mrs.)

Comment

Excellent news! So here goes... "pee, po, belly, bum, drawers"

I feel liberated, somehow.
          Hmmm... I suspect we spell one of those words a bit differently on my side of the pond...

Or is there still some naughty UK slang that Sarah & Suzi haven't taught me yet???

Comment

I advised folks to read the link that Sam provided over on the other side, as it allows one to see how this precarious situation developed, for instance Silver did not enter the debate until post number 26, then follow the posts through, and on post 86 you will find this comment from me:

'Silver, I don't know whether you have already thought of what I'm thinking about right now in regard to Eddowes ear?'

In other words I'm asking Silver to confirm my suspicion about the relationship between the Gill murder and that of Eddowes. And I'm doing it publicly. Now find his response.

Comment

It would be a sad world if we could not trust our Ally's

(Caz - if you read this, that was a deliberate "grocers' apostrophe" I used there.)
              Just read it, Sam.

I think you came to lighten the mood at the right point.

Ethics are ethics (and Sussex is Sussex), but I was about to explode due to the terrible quality of some of the writing on this thread - particularly the lack of punctuation and apostrophe awareness. If supposedly educated posters, with no excuses, want their words to matter, why deliberately give their readers a headache just trying to make sense of their horribly constructed sentences?
              Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
              If this information is already in the public domain and therefore not a 'big secret', why have you spent half the thread egging him on to reveal his big secret?

What a waste of energy if there is no 'secret' in the first place!
              Indeed, bb. And that would apply to both parties in this latest little ripper tiff if the 'secret' info really is already out there. No point in either of 'em getting their knickers in a right old twist if that's the case.

I actually think some men on these boards must quite like getting their knickers in a public twist over trifles. (Ooh the images, Sam! )

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

agreement

Hello Caz. We are in complete agreement concerning writing--especially in an internet application.

I am delighted that you, too, respect the Queen's English.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post

I am delighted that you, too, respect the Queen's English.

Since when has proper English been attributed to Elton John?

A Curious Learner
                  huh?

Comment

Crap...the apostrophe police's! To late too edit what too due!

Let all Oz be agreed;
                    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

AP,

Just so it can be clearly laid out what an out and out liar you are:

And now here I sit, some old drunk, with a history of mayhem and chaos behind me, with folks sending me discoveries which I must keep privy, for the purse you'll understand, and I itch with the bald effort of not posting such material here, but you see they must post it, not me, for the good of the community they should send it to the community, not me, and not you, but here.
                      And I await some solid, concrete and positive action from Silver, and the lady who recently pm'd me with details of the Cutbush clan.
                      Stand up and be counted.
                      Silver, you and me we have an issue here, so you just keep banging away at me boy, and I'll keep banging away at you, but to be honest your time would be more usefully employed in writing that book you keep on bleeting on about, so that everyone can enjoy your little secret... won't be yours though then eh? Oh my gosh, will you dare reveal all?
                      Your single claim to dubious fame gone forever... oh my gosh.
                      Just write it down on the message boards and advance this study, instead of hoarding it like some sunken Saxon treasure. For as sure as day is day someone is going to come along with a metal detector and lift it straight out of the ground right in front of you... your thunder a fart.
                      I saw a connection between the Gill murder and one of the Whitechapel Murders a long time before Silver arrived on scene, with his useful piece of information confirming my long held belief.

Actually Ally, if you go over to the other side, you'll find a link that Sam has posted to the original John Gill thread, started by me in response to a question from Sam on a podcast, and then you will see the dialogue, newspaper clippings and everything else, and then you will see Silver arriving on the scene sometime after all that... and do you know what? His big secret is already revealed in press cuttings before his arrival.

So his useful secret that confirmed your long held belief was already out there? Doesn't say much for your observation or reading skills does it? And you've been hounding him, in your own words, "banging away at him" to reveal a secret that according to you is already on the boards? Doesn't say much for your reasoning ability either.

Basically you're full of crap. I doubt sincerely that the piece of evidence Silver supposedly has and you find so interesting is already posted on the boards. You got caught flat out in a betrayal and now you are attempting to side step and say it wasn't really a betrayal at all, because the info was already out there. But whether the info is already out there is irrelevant, because, by your own words, you believed it to be secret. You believed Silver had secret information that he allowed you to be privy to, and you admit to harassing him in public about his secret in violation of a trust. Which makes you dishonest and untrustworthy and unlike others I don't mind setting it right out there and calling it what it is. You violated a trust. Period.
                      Last edited by Ally; 11-03-2009, 05:08 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

So the moral of this thread is dont tell AP anything?!

Comment

Ally, like I already told you three times... already.
                          I have never mentioned the simple little detail that Silver is in possession of, which is lacking in newspaper reports, but I'm quite happy to reveal that I have revealed what was published in The Times in 1889.
                          Now settle that wig down of yours, and have a cuppa.

Comment

Whatever next? "Bride of Wolf"? "House of Wolf"? "Abbott and Costello Meet Wolf"?

Comment

"Wolf Meets The Wolf Man."

Comment

Yes, indeed, sorry about that... I was in town for the day and used my boy's computer. Silly ol' me.

Comment

Working...
                                X