X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monty View Post
    I thought it was your job Ally, along with the Grim Reaping

Monty
    It's everyone's job. Everyone judges everyone else's trustworthiness; you can't have the most basic of relationships without it, and it's pandering to fob it off by saying "oh that's not for me to judge". Because it is in fact for you to judge, it's for everyone to judge.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Dear Ally and Archaic

Should I ever be in a court of law, could you do me the honour of representing me? You have a fantastic way with words...

Regards

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
        It's everyone's job. Everyone judges everyone else's trustworthiness; you can't have the most basic of relationships without it, and it's pandering to fob it off by saying "oh that's not for me to judge". Because it is in fact for you to judge, it's for everyone to judge.
        Whoa there Ally,

I think AP has enough with you on his case without me laying the boot in.

I was being tactful...no, I wont explain it.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

[QUOTE=Ally;103479]
          Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post

Bullshit AP. I am fairly sure that whatever Silver told you was told in confidence and you have NOT kept that confidence. Going around saying Silver has a secret, silver has a secret is NOT keeping his trust and don't lie to me or to yourself by pretending that just because you haven't divulged details you haven't betrayed his trust. You flat out have and you know it.

At least you know it's in your nature to be a lying scheming deceitful bastard who doesn't know the meaning of friendship or trust. Most people aren't that self aware.
          Ally, your understanding of the situation is truly magnificent...
          Last edited by silverstealth; 11-03-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Actually Ally, if you go over to the other side, you'll find a link that Sam has posted to the original John Gill thread, started by me in response to a question from Sam on a podcast, and then you will see the dialogue, newspaper clippings and everything else, and then you will see Silver arriving on the scene sometime after all that... and do you know what? His big secret is already revealed in press cuttings before his arrival.
            So calm down girl, rinse your hair green or summit.

Comment

Let this be a lesson: zip it til you print it. Except for me. You can tell me. I PROMISE not tell anyone. Really...ask anyone. Totally trustworthy.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

I judge people in Ripperology all the time, in terms of their theories and ideas, based on whether I think what they are saying absolute bs based on the evidence thats out there logic and how they present said evidence.

It doesnt matter how true what you are saying is, if you always come across as an arogant arsehole with no manners, frankly their are better things to do with ones time.

It might be nice to imagine a field where everyone acted just like me and did 200xs the amount of the research i am interested in. But that wouldnt lead to anything. What makes the field work is that we can rely on each other to find various different useful items/ to have different but equally valid perspectives. Thats progress.

I would think it always wise to tread carefully trusting people when there are such big egos around.

Jenni
                “be just and fear not”

Comment

ps Ally, I would trust you with my secrets!
                  “be just and fear not”

Comment

Originally posted by jdpegg View Post
                    ps Ally, I would trust you with my secrets!
                    It would be a sad world if we could not trust our Ally's

(Caz - if you read this, that was a deliberate "grocers' apostrophe" I used there.)
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                      and do you know what? His big secret is already revealed in press cuttings before his arrival.
                      So calm down girl, rinse your hair green or summit.
                      If this information is already in the public domain and therefore not a 'big secret', why have you spent half the thread egging him on to reveal his big secret?

What a waste of energy if there is no 'secret' in the first place!
                      Last edited by babybird67; 11-03-2009, 01:09 AM.
                      babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

I agree there Babybird...

but WHAT THE HELL is all this big secret anyway??? Which actually ISNT secret????!!!!

Something from a newspaper???

I mean is it really going to have us fall off our seats and change the course of history???

Thats what I thought...no....of course it isnt....
                        Last edited by Nurse Sarah; 11-03-2009, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                          If this information is already in the public domain and therefore not a 'big secret', why have you spent half the thread egging him on to reveal his big secret?

What a waste of energy if there is no 'secret' in the first place!
                          Excellent point, Jenni!

Must be juvenile grandstanding or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                            At least you know it's in your nature to be a lying scheming deceitful bastard who doesn't know the meaning of friendship or trust.
                            Ally,

Not one for confrontation myself, but should I get a bit miffed (he's so bloody English..), am I permitted to use similar language/terminology without getting banned?

To be honest, it's great to let off steam once in a while. Sorry to interrupt the flow of the thread.
                            JB

Comment

Steady on John old chap.

Monty
                              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Well seeing as how I've read the rules quite thoroughly, you might want to peruse them as well and I think you'll notice there's nothing in them about naughty words getting you banned.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Working...
                                X