In the name of honesty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monty,

when you say collector, is that a euphermism for rich person with no brian?

are we thinking of the same rumour?

Jenni
    “be just and fear not”

Comment

Hmm. Archaic. I like her. I really do.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

An Apology for any offence

Hi
        I'd like to apologise for the supercilious tone of my blog post there, 'cap'n jack'. Actually, I enjoy this site quite a lot, and for my sins once made a good deal of money lecturing on London crime for an American history class. I had a little riff linking the London Monster and Spring Heeled Jack, or stories of them, to the ripper stuff the press and public got up, and met many interesting people who wanted to 'solve' the crimes. I was always a little sympathetic to Druitt (being a barrister and tutor myself at various times) and thought Liz Stride's murder the one that stood out.

Anyway, apologies again. Supermarket brandy is not unknown to my blogging, by the way...

Comment

You seem to suffer from selective memory and selective morals..

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
          Thanks Natalie, I'm butting out of this chat now, as I have many a penny invested in the outcome. All I will say now is read the Colony module; then read the 'Myth'; and then we may see that worm in the bud.
          I rest on my perfect perch.
          http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...ight=broadmoor post 43

Comment

Originally posted by jdpegg View Post
            Monty,

when you say collector, is that a euphermism for rich person with no brian?

are we thinking of the same rumour?

Jenni
            I think we may be Jenni.

I guess Father Time and The Grim Reaper will no doubt verify or deny this rumour....eventually.

Monty

PS A euphermism for a rich person with no brain is a footballer isnt it?....cue Marlon King.
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Thanks Martin, and no offence taken as I actually enjoyed your blog piece very much indeed.
              Well Archaic I'd like to hear you name a book from this genre, published in the last ten years that isn't just a rehash of already widely published material.
              I guess you hadn't noticed but this peculiar planet hasn't revolved once in the last ten years and everyone is stuck in a muddy groove.
              And I stand by what I said in my original post, a good writer can still make this subject eminently readable with absolutely no new information but merely a good style and a bit of panache.
              You wouldn't understand that... I know.
              Silver, you and me we have an issue here, so you just keep banging away at me boy, and I'll keep banging away at you, but to be honest your time would be more usefully employed in writing that book you keep on bleeting on about, so that everyone can enjoy your little secret... won't be yours though then eh? Oh my gosh, will you dare reveal all?
              Your single claim to dubious fame gone forever... oh my gosh.
              Just write it down on the message boards and advance this study, instead of hoarding it like some sunken Saxon treasure. For as sure as day is day someone is going to come along with a metal detector and lift it straight out of the ground right in front of you... your thunder a fart.

Comment

AP

The first Jack the Ripper Victim Photographs by Robert Mclaughlin
                “be just and fear not”

Comment

So he republishes a photo that was first published in 1894, and then we all dance round a room with our hands in the air?
                  Is that it?

Comment

AP,

So let me see if I am understanding this. You befriended someone, got them to confide in you and are now using that confidence and trust in you as a weapon to torment them and beat on them in a public forum, because they refuse to do with their own research what you want them to do? Does that about sum up the situation?

While we are asking for honesty from the community, how about some basic decency as well. I believe in brutal honesty, but not when it involves betrayal.

But again, I suppose this is just another example of what I have said: people should keep their finds to themselves until the book is printed because there are probably only about 3 people in the community who can be trusted never to breathe a word of what they know, and clearly AP isn't one of them.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Ally writes:

"there are probably only about 3 people in the community who can be trusted never to breathe a word of what they know"

Who are the other two??

The best,
                      Fisherman

Comment

Ally makes an extremely valid point, not about APs trustworthiness (thats not for me to judge) I add.

I know of a small collective of enthusiasts who share their finds amongst themselves. They do so simply because they trust each others opinion and honesty, negative or positive. They have little time for the base and childish debate that the Casebook sonetimes draws.

Also, as Stewart pointed out to me some years back, there are still researchers out there who are not internet based or experienced. They conduct their own research and steer clear of all things cyber based.

Are they to be pressganged also?

Monty
                        Monty

Comment

Why isn't it for you to judge? Isn't everyone's trustworthiness for each individual person to judge?

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

I have not betrayed that trust, Ally, not one bit at all. But that trust does not imply that I cannot carry on with the work that I started with John Gill three years before this person ever contacted me... does it?
                            I saw a connection between the Gill murder and one of the Whitechapel Murders a long time before Silver arrived on scene, with his useful piece of information confirming my long held belief.
                            And yes, I will push and push, it is in me raw nature to do so, and to the devil with consequence and reputation.

Comment

I thought it was your job Ally, along with the Grim Reaping

Monty
                              Monty

Comment

[QUOTE=Cap'n Jack;103475]
                                I have not betrayed that trust, Ally, not one bit at all. But that trust does not imply that I cannot carry on with the work that I started with John Gill three years before this person ever contacted me... does it?
                                Bullshit AP. I am fairly sure that whatever Silver told you was told in confidence and you have NOT kept that confidence. Going around saying Silver has a secret, silver has a secret is NOT keeping his trust and don't lie to me or to yourself by pretending that just because you haven't divulged details you haven't betrayed his trust. You flat out have and you know it.

I saw a connection between the Gill murder and one of the Whitechapel Murders a long time before Silver arrived on scene, with his useful piece of information confirming my long held belief.
                                And yes, I will push and push, it is in me raw nature to do so, and to the devil with consequence and reputation.
                                At least you know it's in your nature to be a lying scheming deceitful bastard who doesn't know the meaning of friendship or trust. Most people aren't that self aware.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Working...
                                X