X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Questions.

Hi,

I have a few questions.

1. Is it true that Douglaus Browne claimed while writing his book "The Rise and Fall of Scotland Yard" he saw Documents that Macnaughten had claimed to have connected the Ripper with the leader of an assasination plot of Mr. Balfour?

2. If true, was Browne claiming that Macnaughten had identified the Ripper as the leader of such a plot or was Browne claiming that Macnaughten had connected the Ripper to a person who was thought to be a leader of such a plot?

3. Littlechild would have been the man in charge of investigating such an attempt on Mr. Balfour's life. Is this a true statement?

4. Who would gain the most if Balfour were assasinated?

5. I have read that the Fenians had already been busted up. However could they have still been behind such a plot?

6. Is it true that Tumblety was a Fenian?

7. Is it true that Macnaughten, Monro, and Littlechild were the best of mates.

8. Did Monro claim the Ripper murders were a political "Hot Potato"? If true, what could he have ment?

9. Was Druitt indeed Macnaughten's prefered suspect?

10. What ever information Macnaughten had concerning the Ripper murders he recieved from Monro?

11. Monro had a private secretary that was married to a cousin of Druitt? If so, could this be the source behind Macnaughtens claim the family believed Druitt to be the Ripper.

12. Druitt was Monro's prefered suspect?

13. Macnaughten claimed to have burned private information concerning the murders. What could that information have been?

14. The press all around the world carried articles concerning Tumblety flee to America and the possibility he was the Jack the Ripper. However, not one British paper chose to pick up on the story. Why?

15. Can someone explain to me the difference between the two Tuke families? I think that there was a Dr. Tuke who was a political rival of Balfour.

16. Could Hutchinson's description been the reason for Tumblety being questioned concerning the Kelly murder.

17. Could there have been a cover up at the highest level with out Anderson, Swanson, and Abberline being aware?

18. Could Druitt have been political?

Thanks for any responce. Tackle any or all of the questions.

Your friend, Brad

Oh, You sad sacks, 56 views and not one responce. Does anyone have any thoughts? Not one answer to one question?

I am ashamed to call you friends.

Brad

Comment

Hi Brad,
      I guess the reason that to date, there has been no responses, is the questions you have asked, i will give you my opinions.
      1] Dont know
      2]Dont Know
      3] Possible
      4]His successor
      5]possible
      6]unlikely
      7]i have no idea
      8]possibly
      9]I would imagine that it meant if it got out it would be headline stuff.
      10] No idea
      11]if true .. quite possibly
      12]iF 11 is right possib
      13]No idea
      14]they were told to go hush....?
      15]No idea
      16]Tumblety was released before hutchinsons statement
      17] Unlikely
      18] Quite likely.
      As you can see Brad, I have answered your questions in a very novice way, simply because without looking everything up, i simply cannot answer them honestly.
      That is why this has not been a popular target for posters, its simply not general ABC Ripper topics.
      Regards Richard.

Comment

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your responce. It was interesting the way you answered no. 14 Who could of had the power to stop the press.

Your friend, Brad

Comment

Originally posted by celee View Post
          Hi Richard,

Thanks for your responce. It was interesting the way you answered no. 14 Who could of had the power to stop the press.

Your friend, Brad
          Anyone with a handful of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
            Anyone with a handful of cash.
            Thank you Dark Passenger for your responce. Why do you think someone would pay to keep Tumblety's story out of the papers?

Your friend, Brad

Comment

Working...
            X