Misconceptions concerning the Whitechapel Murders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misconceptions concerning the Whitechapel Murders

I just came across this article in New Criminologist. It's apparently been online since Jan. 2005 and many of you may have seen it already. For those of you who haven't, here's the link:

It's an interesting and well-researched article.

Enjoy,

Bulldog

Hi Bulldog, it's a chapter from Ivor Edwards Jack the Ripper - Black Magic Rituals.
    Regards Mike

Comment

Funny how it starts off with being very factual and honest, and even going as far as to say that people look for whatever traits in the murders that they want to see so that they can fit it in with their chosen suspect (which is actually sadly true), but the actual funny part is that the person does exactly that themself! They ignore all logic and realism when it comes to Kate's facial mutilations and go into a little monologue about how an occultist was more 'evidently' the perpetrator than your average, run-of-the-mil sexual murderer, especially when they wrongly state that the locations of the murders make a pentacle star or whatever it's called; I thought they made more of a spiky rectangle, but each to their own. Seems to me to be a not-so-subliminal way of trying to name that D'onston dude as the Ripper.

Comment

Working...
      X