Betty May and the Bloody Ties of Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty May and the Bloody Ties of Jack the Ripper

Does anyone have either the newspaper reports written by Betty May regarding her alleged encounter with the bloody ties of Jack the Ripper.

Or does anyone have the chapter in Betty Mays "Tiger Woman" which deals with the matter?
    Regards Mike

Couldnt find anything that ties her to Jack the Ripper but she was connected to Alister Crowley, almost every internet search for any of her names will point you to a site about him. One rare books web site mentioned the book "Tiger Woman" and says that there is only one known original copy to exsist.

Raoul Loveday, her last husband, died while staying at Alister Crowleys abbey in Cefalù, Sicily. Rummer said he died from drinking cats blood but in truth was tainted waterfrom a stream near the abbey. interestingly it was Raouls death and bettys subsequint telling and selling of the story that got Benito Muselini to expel him from Italy.

Here is a picture of the book, Ms. Betty May Loveday and Raoul Loveday.
    Attached Files
    'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Hi Smezenen. She wrote a couple of articles in the 20's after Loveday died, and hinted that she had seen bloody dress ties that are said to have belonged to JTR whilst staying with Crowley. It is of course nothing more than a myth, but I want to find the chapter in her book, which she mentions it, and the Sunday Express article, in which she also mentions it.

Thanks again.
      Regards Mike

Comment

Mike,
        Try this website.

I must warn you, it is a site dedicated to all things Alistair Crowley. The good news is there was a person posting to the boards on that site a while ago that claimed to be a relative of Betty May, niece I think. I dont remember what her name was but you should be able to find out something. Good luck.
        'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Cheers, I have read quite a lot of Crowley's works, alongside Blavatsky, Collins, and of course Stephenson's articles on Black Magic, Theosophy, and all manner of unusual practices!

Right, thou must do what thou wilt on thine lashtal.com!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law..........just dont drink the blood.

Comment

Or the tap water!

I had a look at the site and didn't find a great deal, but there is some good stuff on Crowley. I also found a couple of references to Stephenson on there, but not much.
              Regards Mike

Comment

"Do what thou wilt / shall be the whole of the Law"

I've got an old Led Zeppelin album that has that written in the run-out groove!

Enough JB!! Back to thread!

Comment

Working...
                X