Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR PC game, looks interesting

Sherlock Holmes vs JTR ...........out in May

it's a first person roll playing game, you have to search for clues, find who the killer is, it should have geat graphics/ atmosphere etc..... i play loads of PC games, and the graphics is quite advanced nowadays ...

but i couldn't see enough screenshots to find out if they've depicted Whitechapel/ victims accurately....maybe not, even so it looks interesting... especially for lighting/atmosphere, you'll be able to stroll around Whitechapel to your heart's content

IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com
    Last edited by Malcolm X; 04-27-2009, 09:52 PM.

Malcolm,
    Being an avid gamer myself and knowing a few people in the industry here in California gives me an advantage here. I had the privilege of attended a gaming conference about two years ago where we had an opportunity to play an early version of this game and yes the graphics are awesome. The story line in the early version was lacking but the programmers have promised the final version for release would be better. Still those hoping for historical accuracy will probably be disappointed.
    'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Originally posted by smezenen View Post
      Malcolm,
      Being an avid gamer myself and knowing a few people in the industry here in California gives me an advantage here. I had the privilege of attended a gaming conference about two years ago where we had an opportunity to play an early version of this game and yes the graphics are awesome. The story line in the early version was lacking but the programmers have promised the final version for release would be better. Still those hoping for historical accuracy will probably be disappointed.
      aaah good a reply yes i saw a photo of Hanbury st, it looked quite good, the short trailer is poor, but they usually are...i thought i saw Dutfields too, you have to collect clues and work out yourself who the ripper is............it'll probably be a Royal connection, because it always is; even so it'll still be worth getting purely for the atmosphere and the fact that'll you'll feel as if you're actually there

Comment

well actually the graphics looks quite good, the other clip is a far better P.Q, I doubt it'll look as good as Crysis, but maybe as good as COD4; if so with a good audio too, it'll look stunning, especially if they've recreated Dorset st/ millers court accurately..... i certainly hope so, it'll be out soon, maybe next week.

Jane Coram would be very interested in this indeed!

but i cant find anything out about the game, i haven't noticed any reviews ...but the producers have a good reputation
        Last edited by Malcolm X; 04-28-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

If they have maintained the original idea and not deviated from the platform they had 2 years ago the Killer will change each time you play. I say if becouse they where thinking about changing that and going with one single never changing killer. One of the developers leans very strongly toward Maybrick while the other where for Tumblety. So i too am waiting to see what they decided.
          'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Originally posted by smezenen View Post
            If they have maintained the original idea and not deviated from the platform they had 2 years ago the Killer will change each time you play. I say if becouse they where thinking about changing that and going with one single never changing killer. One of the developers leans very strongly toward Maybrick while the other where for Tumblety. So i too am waiting to see what they decided.
            yes if it's one killer only then it might not be worth buying, because there isn't much replay value in straight forward role playing games, but if it changes each time you play then it'll be worth the money... i'll find out what the reviews are like before purchasing.

there isn't much info on this game because it's not mainstream enough.

Comment

I would certainly be interested in buying the game, but only if there were various possible solutions otherwise once solved what would be the point in playing it again. I have seen other titles in the series but have always been put off by this, I wonder if the other games in eh series had multiple solutions each time you play.

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
                I would certainly be interested in buying the game, but only if there were various possible solutions otherwise once solved what would be the point in playing it again. I have seen other titles in the series but have always been put off by this, I wonder if the other games in eh series had multiple solutions each time you play.
                i dont know till i read the review, i'll keep you posted.

here's another clip
                Last edited by Malcolm X; 05-04-2009, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Hi all

You should try www.gameboomers.com That is where I go for my info on computer games. I have all the other Sherlock Holmes games, they are made by Frogwares and I believe this one is also.

Tj
                  It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

the game controls look complicated/ well detailed, i noticed HANBURY ST AND MITRE SQ looked accurate too...also you can access the victims wounds for clues...the game got quite a good review ( in French, so i'm not too sure what was said)....but it got good marks.

i saw quite a few photos and this game looks better than others i've played ( of this genre)

modern games have moved on quite a lot in the last 2 years, so this could be a very good game

Comment

I definitely want to buy this game, regardless of how it will be reviewed. Adventure games are in a decline these days and I like to support the genre. Also, The Ripper creates an excellent premise.
                      "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

YES, this JTR game will be good, because it's a full walkthrough of Whitechapel and the murder locations look accurate....

i think the killers are tumblety and Maybrick.... but thank God it's not that Royal Conspiracy yet again.... the menu is loaded with detail so expect it to be a complicated game, you'll have to search hard for clues.

there might be a review by sunday, because this game is already out, but not on PC yet.

Comment

I have already put my name in at our local gaming store for a copy....how sad is that? But this looks like it will be well worth the play time.

Comment

Working...
                          X