Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family

Has anyone ever came forward and said that they believed their great grandfather or whatever could have been the Ripper?

Reading both Black Dahlia/Zodiac cases in which someone has put forward a family member as a suspect I did ponder whether the same applied with the Ripper.

Random thread I know, but thanks!
    Mostfoul

There is a book "Uncle Jack" which I haven't read but it's been widely dscussed here.

Comment

Apparently, Druit's family suspected him of being the murderer - but that was back then.

Comment

And then there was an unnamed man who signed his letter "GWB" (if my memory isn't playing me up), accusing his father.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
          Apparently, Druit's family suspected him of being the murderer - but that was back then.
          According to McNaghten, at any rate.

Cheers,

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

In 1959 George Reynolds was interviewed by the Worthington Gazette and Reynolds News and stated thet in 1888, his Cousin, Frank Edwards visited him, shortly after the double event, carrying a razor and a blood covered shirt!

G.W.B suspected his father was Jack the Ripper!

Betty Simm appeared in the Weekly World News on 20th June 1989 stating her deceased husband, Clarence, had made a deathbed confession that as a teen he had killed 14 prositutes! She took a lie detector test, which showed she was a less than one half of one percent that she was lying.
            Whilst Betty Simm might have been telling the truth, it doesn't mean that Clarence was! Clarence died in 1951.

Tony Williams made the claim that a descendant (not an uncle, but it makes the title of the book look exciting) John Williams was Jack the Ripper. He based his theory on several pieces of evidence that are highly dubious.
            Regards Mike

Comment

Mike, if the suspect is a descendant, rather than an ancestor, then it's EXTREMELY dubious. Williams shot himself in the foot right from the word go.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                Mike, if the suspect is a descendant, rather than an ancestor, then it's EXTREMELY dubious. Williams shot himself in the foot right from the word go.
                Thanks for pointing that out Robert.

I wrote that early this morning after a bad night of sleeping with a sick bowl, and almost choking on vomit, so I didn't do too bad considering!
                Regards Mike

Comment

Blimey, I hope you're feeling better now Mike.

Hull food has a lot to answer for.

Comment

It was my cooking, so my fault, but a lot better now thanks! If I feel ill, I read Uncle Jack
                    Regards Mike

Comment

As a piece of fiction, which most of Uncle Jack is, there is an underlying premise that does have symmetry with the cases, and thats Obstetrics and Gynecology. I think at least in the case of possible motivations, the real Jack the Ripper may have some knowledge that relates to those disciplines.

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                      X