Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queens Doctor?

Hi there,
    I have a friend who claims that 'The Ripper was a doctor of the Queen and he wasn't jailed because he was the best doctor in the country'
    I've heard the doctor theory, but I want to know just where he's got this idea from. Also, just because he was 'one of the best doctors in the country' it doesn't give him an alibi to go killing prostitutes, he would still have been jailed for it, so the idea seems pretty inaccurate. He claims to have researched Jack the Ripper for 3 years, and has [somehow] been informed that he was a Doctor of the Queen, but never imprisoned.
    Just where has he got this theory from?
    Last edited by Tani; 04-04-2009, 05:40 PM.
    O have you seen the devle
    with his mikerscope and scalpul
    a lookin at a Kidney
    With a slide cocked up.

sounds like Sir William Gull to me. I doubt he was the ripper.

Comment

Hi Tani,

Check out "Royal Conspiracy A Go-Go" on the podcast page:

</shameless plug>
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Tani View Post
        Hi there,
        I have a friend who claims that 'The Ripper was a doctor of the Queen and he wasn't jailed because he was the best doctor in the country'
        I've heard the doctor theory, but I want to know just where he's got this idea from. Also, just because he was 'one of the best doctors in the country' it doesn't give him an alibi to go killing prostitutes, he would still have been jailed for it, so the idea seems pretty inaccurate. He claims to have researched Jack the Ripper for 3 years, and has [somehow] been informed that he was a Doctor of the Queen, but never imprisoned.
        Just where has he got this theory from?
        What your referring to Tani is essentially the plot for the movie From Hell, taken as Sam suggested from the Royal Conspiracy theorists. In that Sir William Gull helps Victoria Regina rid herself of potential threat to the Monarchy in the form of a child born to an Unfortunate by the Prince. Its alledged they actually married. First they commit the woman and take her baby.

Gull and others, some also suspects themselves, then kill off the only women who knew of Annie Crooks child and the link with the Prince, her 5 best friends, Mary Ann Nichols, Annie Chapman, Liz Stride, Catherine Eddowes and Mary Kelly. Gull is also supposedly a high ranking Mason.

Its a great story, and without any factual foundation that is known. Plus Gull was suffering from a stroke he had, and was elderly at the time.

You can tell your friend its time for new books.

Cheers Tani.

Comment

He has obviously used poor resources then, because he's never read or watched 'From Hell', but has probably heard of it.
          He also claims to have been on numerous sites, though never read any [factual] books about The Ripper.
          Hm, maybe I'll ask him what Jack's middle name was, and he'll probably give me an answer like 'The'.
          Last edited by Tani; 04-04-2009, 06:20 PM.
          O have you seen the devle
          with his mikerscope and scalpul
          a lookin at a Kidney
          With a slide cocked up.

Comment

Mr.Hyde

He has obviously used poor resources then, because he's never read or watched 'From Hell', but has probably heard of it.
            He also claims to have been on numerous sites, though never read any [factual] books about The Ripper.
            Hm, maybe I'll ask him what Jack's middle name was, and he'll probably give me an answer like 'The'.
            Gawen!

Comment

I like that line....may use it myself sometime if you dont mind.

There are some black magic suspects, some Royal ones, accomplished writers, actors and physicians and artists....there are drooling gutter dwellers and Cricket playing barristers....the man who wrote Alice, and the man who played Hyde at the Lyceum, ..there are burly armed Midwives and I would imagine an assisted Elephant Man,...theres a snake oil salesman, a petty thief, a few poisoners and a sailor. Masons and masonry workers.

Maybe the old rhyme " a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker" had its origins when founding Ripper suspects.

Dont be too hard on him.

Cheers Tani.

Comment

The other place Sir William Gulls name pops up as a suspect is in the 1980's tv movie Jack The Ripper starring Michael Caine and Lewis Collins, in this one Dr Gull was a mad man using the victims as guinea pigs to find a cure for his madness. In the end of the movie Abberline portrayed by Caine does catch Gull but is told because Gull would never stand trial because of his ill health etc that the case is to be stamped unsolved.

Comment

Working...
                X